Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Rotofly

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 03:17 PM
radiogirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotofly

Hi,
I own a Rotofly, and so far I like it. I am a beginner and don't know when I will post again, but I also own a Hoverfly. Of the two, I like the Rotofly though I think the concept of the Hoverfly is an excellent one which can lead to more development. A lot of people like the Hoverfly, and I do too though I haven't been successful with it yet. The Rotofly seems pretty sturdy, and I have gotten to the point where I can hover it. I have gotten more flight out of it. Of course, it took some doing, and a lot of experimentation and calling technical support. I worked and worked and worked on it. I do feel Rotofly technical support could have produced a far better manual explaining the operation and flight. The DVD is excellent for starters though. For everyone beginning, I found out that a lot of it was mainly figuring out the balance or null points to keep the rotofly tail stable. I found the point that balanced out between clockwise rotation and counterclockwise rotation on the ESC/mixer board (top potentiometer). When I found just the point, the tail hesistated to move in either direction. After that, I was able to trim it on the transmitter using the rudder trim. I don't know if anyone did it different, but that's how I did it. My Rotofly also wanted to keep going left because of the tail rotor. Tech support told me that in order to get it to fly right, I might have to take the servo arm off and put it in a different position. I took the servo arm off the servo that controls the roll and I put it up in a little higher position. I then trimmed it off on the transmitter. I hope this helps someone, and I also hope it spurs more discussion on the Rotofly. As for the Hoverfly, it's not working at the moment, and hovering practice will have to wait.