Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

YS 160 DZ fuel question

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Afamado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS 160 DZ fuel question

Chip:
I know that you are a tester for Ys engines and that you used this engine. I ´ve just bought one from centralhobbies and the problem is that here in my country Chile there´s only Wildcat helimix 30% nitro 18% medium viscosity oil. I´ve read several post about the fuel in the DZ´s that say that you must use only LV oil in the fuels with at lest 20% oil. My question is:
Wild this fuel damage my engine due the little low oil and viscosity content? Have you any experience with this fuel or have you heard something about it ? Wich fuel have you used in the DZ´s?
Any help will be appreciate!!!!

Thanks a lot
Felipe A.
Santiago, CHILE
Old 01-18-2005, 12:31 AM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: YS 160 DZ fuel question

No it will not damage anything if the ingredients in the fuel are good, which i believe they are.

Chip
ORIGINAL: Afamado

Chip:
I know that you are a tester for Ys engines and that you used this engine. I ´ve just bought one from centralhobbies and the problem is that here in my country Chile there´s only Wildcat helimix 30% nitro 18% medium viscosity oil. I´ve read several post about the fuel in the DZ´s that say that you must use only LV oil in the fuels with at lest 20% oil. My question is:
Wild this fuel damage my engine due the little low oil and viscosity content? Have you any experience with this fuel or have you heard something about it ? Wich fuel have you used in the DZ´s?
Any help will be appreciate!!!!

Thanks a lot
Felipe A.
Santiago, CHILE
Old 01-20-2005, 01:04 PM
Luke 3D returns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YS 160 DZ fuel question

Hi chip,

would you however recommend adding a little more oil to this fuel just the be on the safe side? I am considering doing this to my 4 gals of wildcat i have.

Thanks, and great flying by the way!