Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

ESKY 3D -TAKE OFF PROBLEMS-HELP PLS

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

ESKY 3D -TAKE OFF PROBLEMS-HELP PLS

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 07:46 PM
Poll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESKY 3D -TAKE OFF PROBLEMS-HELP PLS

Does anyone know if the [link=http://www.helihobby.com/html/hornet_upgrades.html]Hornet X-Pro CNC Light Aluminum Swashplate [/link] from helihobby will work on my HoneyBee 2 CP?
Old 12-16-2004, 09:49 PM
tnd2000

roeyman, disconnect the tail motor from the rx. The hook up a AA cell directly to the tail motor. If it doesn't turn, hook up 2 AA batteries in series with the motor. Check if motor turns. If it doesn't add another AA battery. If you are at 6 and it still doesn't turn, the motor is dead. If it turns at any point then your motor is good. Be sure to increase the cell count 1 at a time. The tail motor should turn with just 1 AA cell. 6 AA cells is very high and will probably burn out your motor if you let it run for too long.

I'm also going to describe a test for you but do this very very carefully and only as last resort. I MUST STRESS THERE IS NO ROOM FOR ERROR WITH THIS TEST. So consider that before you decide if you want to do it. I cannot be held responsible if you damage any part of your helicopter. You will destroy something if not done correctly. I'll try to be as precise as I can but feel free to ask more questions before you do it.

1. Make sure the thorttle is at its lowest. Also trim must be at lowest setting.
2. Swap the 2 motor connections on the Rx. That is connect the main motor leads to the tail output of the rx and vice versa.
3. Power up the heli
4. Raise the throttle very very VERY very slowly. Stopping as soon as you see any movoment of the blades.

From your observations, if your tail turns but main doesn't you're 4-1-one is damaged. If your main turns and tail doesn't, the tail motor is damaged.

Again I stress be very VERY easy on the throttle. If you apply too much of it, you will burn out the 4-in-1 and/or motors.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:07 AM
roeyman

done that..yes my tail motor is damaged...

some places to buy new tail motors that will feet him (11.1v)

maybe some others not just the factory set....
Old 12-19-2004, 04:11 PM
roeyman

SOMEBODY?
Old 12-19-2004, 05:29 PM
d_wheel

http://www.hobbyjapan2000.com/store/...hp?prod=SK019A

Later;

D.W.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:38 PM
tnd2000

I think hj2000 charges over $12 for the tail motor. If you are shopping around, you might want to check out the DD upgrade from helihobby.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:45 PM
roeyman

they want 18$ !!!!

what about this upgrade-can you give me alink--will it feet 11.1 v?!?!?
Old 12-20-2004, 08:35 PM
dbates0378

HI there , i have just purchased a honeybee esky 2 3d copter. I have the same problem where it will just turn and i have no upwards lift. I have managed to lift off the ground very briefly and now i can not get it lifting. I tried to reverse the connection going into the receiver and it was blowing wind down and looking better. If i managed to get it lifting b4 i done this i take it that it was meant to be the way it was b4? I am a real newbie with helicopters and would appreciate any tips etc that i can get. Up 2 now have had no enjoyment in the heli i was looking forward to (
Old 12-20-2004, 08:41 PM
tnd2000

ORIGINAL: dbates0378

HI there , i have just purchased a honeybee esky 2 3d copter. I have the same problem where it will just turn and i have no upwards lift. I have managed to lift off the ground very briefly and now i can not get it lifting. I tried to reverse the connection going into the receiver and it was blowing wind down and looking better. If i managed to get it lifting b4 i done this i take it that it was meant to be the way it was b4? I am a real newbie with helicopters and would appreciate any tips etc that i can get. Up 2 now have had no enjoyment in the heli i was looking forward to (
Put back the connection to the way it was originally then read the older posts. You should have a problem with the swash plate.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:28 PM
roeyman

OK- FIRSTLY I GET MY HELI TAKE OFF-BUT IT WAS ON ABOUT 80% TURTULE ANDD WHAN THE RED LAMP ON THE RECIVER WAS ON..

the heli while in the ground-wasnt stop move (after i fix him with the tail blades) he just keep moving on the ground...maybe i should put under him some papers or stickes that will stop his movment....

whan the heli was taking off he become not stable at all -just like in ground..
is it can be that now everyting fine?
Old 12-22-2004, 06:30 PM
tnd2000

I don't know about the red light at 80%. All I can tell you if my will take off with the light green.
As far as moving on the ground, it is normal. You are in ground effect. If you got everything else tuned, you should just take off fast out of ground effect. It is scary, but everyone had to take that first step. Be careful taking off the first time. Make sure everything is tuned correctly and prepare yourself for a crash.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:37 AM
dbates0378

Hi there make sure your swash plates are together - that is the the 2 plates that should be pushed gently so they are contacting each other. Once you have done this - when u first put your helicopter on you should check the servos and make sure that when you push the throttle up (before the red and green light stops flashing on your helicopter receiver -about 5 secs). When throttle is pushed up you should see the blades twist very slightly - this is the lifting mechanism which helps the helicopter go upwards. Then start to throttle up gently until the helicopter starts trying to twist a little on the ground then adjust the tail rotor so that it stays as still as it can - and slowly keep throttle going until you see it trying to lift off - and now you can keep throttling up until it lifts off but if youthink it may be going to crash start throttling down again before impact to save damage to the chopper.hope this helps...
Old 12-23-2004, 08:08 AM
dbates0378

Has anyone noticed on the bottom wheel which the main motor is attached to that there is maybe 3 or 4 small cogs worn down and will this affect flight performance by much??
Old 12-23-2004, 10:17 AM
Thunderbirded

ok i have the solution for making your transmitter work on XP with FMS (or some other sim)

the problem lots of people have stated is that the computer makes no response when you plug in the Tx...
this is because the COM port isnt "turned on" ...i guess this solution only works if you have a cable that plugs into the COM port...

1. go into Control Panel
2. switch to classic view and open up "System"
3. click the "Hardware" tab
4. open up "Device Manager"
5. double click on "Ports (COM & LPT)"
6. double click on whichever port you plugged the cable into
7. click on the "Port Settings" tab
8. make sure the settings are as so:
Bits per second - 9600
Data bits - 8
Parity - None
Stop bits - 1
Flow Control - Xon / Xoff
9. click "Ok"
10. go into FMS
11. in the controls section, click "Analog control..."
12. click "Serial PIC-interface" and click "Resources"
13. select the correct port and make sure the protocol is on the "9600" selection
Old 01-25-2005, 01:11 AM
turboBB

Billyray,

Was wondering if you got your Optic 6 yet and whether or not you've tried it with your HB2. Just got mine today and after quite a bit of tweaking finally got it working.

I got the QPCM version and after setting the TX mode to PPM (FM) and the Spectra module to 54 (72.870) it was finally able to communicate with the receiver. I then set the programming to Heli and the swash to 120 deg. and then reversed CH's 2 and 6. This got everything to near normal except that when the throttle was at 0, I hear the servos "stuttering" as if binding. I then set the EPA down to about 39% before it went away.

On a different post, I had asked if anyone knew the proper pitch for a HB2 but I took the Optic 6's recommendation of about +4.5 at mid-stick (hover), this along with some pitch curve adjustments and now I notice that at full throttle, I'm no longer seeing reduction in speed (guess due to over pitch).

Still have some tweaking to do, will report back tomorlo.

Let me know if you have any tips on setup, etc.

Thx!