Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Cleaning Smoke System?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 11:56 PM
rc_for_me
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning Smoke System?

What do you use to clean your smoke system...pumps. tank, lines, etc. Also, do you clean it installed or remove everything from the airframe to clean?
Old 01-27-2005, 12:50 AM
dork_blaster
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: Cleaning Smoke System?

Curious, I'm assuming you're cleaning your smoke system prior to storing the plane for long period of time? Or are you afraid of residual smoke oil oozing out and getting into places that it shouldn't?

I've only cleaned the system in one of my big planes using Methyl Alcohol (just filled the smoke tank with it and ran the pump dry). Of course the tubing to the exhaust was disconnected and dumped into a jar.

Cheers!

DB
Old 01-27-2005, 11:54 AM
rc_for_me
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Cleaning Smoke System?

Thanks for the cleaning info. I fly the plane far more without smoking it than with. I just wanted to make sure that my smoke pump doesn't get gummed up as the mfg recommends cleaning it periodically.
Thanks again.