Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Deagostini Nitro racer collection

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 08:27 AM
nitroarcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deagostini Nitro racer collection

is there anyone else out there who is collecting this, build your own nitro car, issues come out weekly, just picked up issue 22 & 23. finally got the engine, its the Kyosho GX12 Pullstart.only 29 more issues to go. if anyone would like to see the car that you build by collecting the issues heres the link. http://www.deagostini.co.uk/nitroracer/index.php
Old 08-12-2004, 01:29 PM
teamrayman

Default RE: Deagostini Nitro racer collection

i got the first one and i dident bother getten it anymore. i wasent goen to wait a year before i could drive it. anyway, i dident like the fact that the shocks wernt oil filled and you only got a one speed transmission. the body is pritty nice though!!!!
Old 08-13-2004, 12:30 AM
nitroarcher

i already have one nitro car but i bought it as a RTR so i didnt have to build it so this is the first time i have built my own car, its a good way to find out how everything works
Old 08-14-2004, 02:17 AM
Tolano

that is a very cool idea imo.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:49 AM
Alpha10

im collecting it too i get it delivered 4 issues a month, just received issues 15-18 with clutch parts and a carb, engine comes with next set of issues, for me as a total novice its been great fun and educational too, though a little expensivem, i think its worth it for the experience, i upgraded the standard bushings with a set of ballrace bearings and have ordered an exhaust pipe and fuel filter, more to come as funds allow
Old 09-16-2004, 11:47 AM
rye148

i am also collecting the kit and was wondering if anyone knew of a good website to get other parts for it, would b very gratefull if u could let me know.
Old 09-18-2004, 01:52 PM
MWesterweele

I've bought the first edition just today, it just came out here in holland. And I'll subscribe on it.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:45 PM
bse

Hi everyone.

The first issue came out in greece about a week ago and i rushed to buy it - and every next will come on a two week basis (2 issues per month). This means that i would have to wait 2 and a half years to complete the car. NO WAY.
Then i started to calculate the total cost - and came up with about 700 Euro - by the way - what is the cost in other countries?

So i started to search the internet and found out something quite interresting. The car offered by DeAgostini is discontinued by Kyosho, they replaced it with the model Kyosho PureTen Alpha Mk.III that features a larger engine (2,5 cc instead of 2,1 cc), oil shocks and a better exhaust system. A complete model can be purchased for as much as 199 Euro. Add another 39 for a 2-speed automatic gearbox and you are at 239 ? Yep. Somewhat less than DeAgostini charges you.

Well, i decided to buy the model right away, have my fun now (not in 2 1/2 years) and pay one third of the price.

If anyone is intrrested, here is the link to the seller

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=3749846781

Greetings from Greece

Boris
Old 10-17-2004, 05:35 AM
NitroN00B

Hi , just received issues 27-30 , the car is really taking shape now, i have bought ballrace bearings and have been replacing the standard bushings as i build, i have a proper pipe and manifold (Associated NTC3 RPM tuned Pipe & manifold) and have new wheels and onroad tires, next on my list are oil filled shocks and 2 speed transmission, in the UK we get 4 issues per month with subscription (build time just over a year) at a cost of £24.98 per 4, total cost approx £330, thats about £130 more than you would pay for a similar car from a shop, but the knowledge and experience of building a car from scratch plus the magazines is worth the extra, you also get a rather lame T shirt a basic pistol grip controller and a basic tool kit (if you paid by Direct Debit or CC)
Old 01-21-2005, 05:18 PM
nut driver

In general it is a bloody good car....enjoy!!
Old 01-29-2005, 12:06 PM
fusion boy

i have read your e-mail on your reseach of the deagostini nitro racer and understand that kyosho had discontinued the gx 12 engine and replaced it with the gx 15 engine. could you tell me where you found this info out and could you send me the web address where you found this out as i have a few questions i want to ask myself. [email protected]
Old 02-02-2005, 11:38 AM
nut driver

What is the point in upgrading your car at this stage, you still do not know what is to follow in parts from DeAgostini you may end up with a spare exhaust & shocks etc and have waisted your hard earned money!
ORIGINAL: NitroN00B

Hi , just received issues 27-30 , the car is really taking shape now, i have bought ballrace bearings and have been replacing the standard bushings as i build, i have a proper pipe and manifold (Associated NTC3 RPM tuned Pipe & manifold) and have new wheels and onroad tires, next on my list are oil filled shocks and 2 speed transmission, in the UK we get 4 issues per month with subscription (build time just over a year) at a cost of £24.98 per 4, total cost approx £330, thats about £130 more than you would pay for a similar car from a shop, but the knowledge and experience of building a car from scratch plus the magazines is worth the extra, you also get a rather lame T shirt a basic pistol grip controller and a basic tool kit (if you paid by Direct Debit or CC)