Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Ordinance for 1/9 scale YA F-16?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Ordinance for 1/9 scale YA F-16?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 09:00 PM
RedMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordinance for 1/9 scale YA F-16?

I am looking for 1/9 scale aim-9m, aim-120b/c amraam, agm-88 harm, an/alq-184 ecm pod, gbu-31 jdam and an/asq-213 harm targeting system. I do not know if this is possible. My goal is to have several set-ups for my YA F-16 and also I would like to spend time detailing and decaling the ordiance. Is there any company out there that has this scale in kit form. I know of details for scale, I will email them and see what they can offer, if anyone knows of other avenues, please inform, thanks.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:30 AM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Ordinance for 1/9 scale YA F-16?

Mike, last I heard BVM made some but font sell them anymore. I am building a YA- F-16 as well and I am making plugs for my own ordinance. Right now I have Maverick AGM-65/88's Im working on and Mk-82's. You can get sidwinders from Yellow for the wing tips. Ill keep you posted.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:01 PM
RedMike

Ianober,

Bascially, what I would like to do is replicate the ordinance from a 1/32 model kit. How do you make plugs for your own design? After the plugs are made, whats next? Thanks for the reply and any future input.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:39 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Well Mike, so far I have turned blanks on my lathe out of sdome popplar that I had laying around. Then I glassed and painted them with some gloss black enamel and the next step is to make a fiberglass or silicone mold out of them so I can layup fiberglass for the finished product. This will make them very light and you will be able to paint them however you want. I started out just making them for me but then I realized that some people want armament for the YA F-16 so if they come out good I figure I would help some people out if I can. Here are some pics of some of the molds:
[link]http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2151&PN=1&TPN=5[/link]