Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

New JR XS3, any tips?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 08:07 AM
gerwen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New JR XS3, any tips?

Just got my new XS3 for my nitro evader. I think i have a pretty good handle on the functions. Does anyone have any tips for use that i might not have figured out yet?
Old 03-12-2005, 04:49 AM
thumpin347
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: New JR XS3, any tips?

did you get the pro or the regular? i bought the regular xs3 new for 150...cant wait to get it and finish my kit...i look forward to the replies in this thread
Old 03-12-2005, 04:00 PM
FTWOTHTB

I have just purchased a Losi LST with the XS3 radio. I can't get the steering to work. Ant one got any ideas? The manuel talks about values etc. but does not explane anything.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:13 AM
gerwen

Did you get it new or used?

Mine worked great out of the box. I had to reverse one of the servos' direction, but other than that it was just tweaking.

Maybe your tx and rx aren't on the same channel. Now that i think of it, if your truck doesn't respond to any input from the transmitter, that's probably the problem. If you need help sorting that out, let me know.

thumpin347:
I got the regular. Works great. Made a huge difference in how much brake i have compared to the stock radio on my evader. EPA is great.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:17 PM
FTWOTHTB

Thanjs... I got the radio in my Losi LST RTR Monster truck. I have made sure that the channel on the Rrc and the TX are both on channel 66. Out of the box the servo's for the Throttle an the brakes were reversed. When I pulled the radio's trigger I got brake servo movement and when I pushed the trigger I got throttle. These with the help of SGT CANADA have been reversed. I still am having trouble with NO steering movement. I've tried the EPA setting and the EXPO settings all to no avail. Still looking for suggestions. Thanks
Old 03-15-2005, 08:17 AM
gerwen

Make sure the servo leads going into the receiver are plugged in correctly. See if the wires' colour has the same orientation for channels 1 and 2 on the receiver. Channel 2 is correct way(it is working).

Try swapping the servo leads going into the receiver. Plug the throttle servo into channel 1 and steering servo into channel 2. Try again.

If moving the trigger moves the steering, and the wheel doesn't move the throttle/brake, then it sounds like a tx or rx problem on channel 1. Maybe get them serviced?

If the moving the steering wheel actuates the the throttle/brake and the trigger doesn't move the steering, then there's something wrong with the steering servo. Check all the wires to see if they're not pinched or cut. Let a buddy with a different car see if he can get it to work in his.

If they both work when you swap, then it probably wasn't plugged all the way in. Swap em back and see if they work.