Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

heli-max Rotofly.....help

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

heli-max Rotofly.....help

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 10:54 AM
airmaxx23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heli-max Rotofly.....help

I've had a Heli-max Rotofly for a week and have ran about 7 packs through it. Yesterday while flying, it now wants to rotate counter-clockwise and if i try to use the tail rotor to keep it straight it doesnt seem to have enough power to do it. Could the tail motor be worn out already after only 6-8 flights? Thanks for any help.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Donnie7

Default RE: heli-max Rotofly.....help

Those tail motors don't last long especially if you hit the tail rotor under power. I am on my second. You want to keep a spare and get a heat sink.
Donnie
Old 04-18-2005, 11:18 PM
satratt

Default RE: heli-max Rotofly.....help

I too had problems with my rotofly tail motor. After buying 6 of them I changed to a GW/EDP-50XC by GWS. Also used the GW/H001-FD5002-030B prob and adaptor with the same motor. Over 70 batt packs with no problem. Lots better!!!! I'll post a few pics and links for the motors and a few pics.

Prop adapter and prop $5.00
http://gwsparts.com/product_info.php...9963aaeeda9e59

2 props and motor $10.00
http://gwsparts.com/product_info.php...9963aaeeda9e59

My Rotofly with 300 main motor and GWS board. 35 min with hovering 2cell 1300 pack :-)