Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Comp-arf 2.6 Yak flights

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 02:22 PM
WILDMAN 420
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comp-arf 2.6 Yak flights

I just have to share this with you all, i finallt maidened my Yak this past weekend and OH MY GOD! i love this plane, It flys like nothing else i have ever owned, i am running a ZDZ 80 on a custom can, with 5945's in the tail and 5995's on the ailerons and rudder, planes weighs 21 1/2 pounds with fuel. I have a short video of the second flight, nothin fancy but i am still getting used to it.

http://target.unknownsoldiers.us/Bills%20Yak.mpg
Old 04-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Hammbone
My Feedback: (309)

Default RE: Comp-arf 2.6 Yak flights

Congrats on your maiden flight.

I'd like to know if you had to do anything special to get the plane to balance with the ZDZ 80.

Thanks, Jim
Old 04-20-2005, 02:56 PM
WILDMAN 420
My Feedback: (1)

just keep everything as far forward as possible, the balance poiunt was about 1" back from the wing tube but as you can see it flys fine, i can't wait to get more time on it. The ZDZ 80 is plenty of power for everything i am going to do with it, once i get more time i will have a better idea of the power but on the 3 rd flight which we didn't tape i did a short hover and it pulled out strong, i am going to install a C/F wing tube soon, and add smoke as well.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:08 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

cool, the 2.6 yak is a beautiful flying aircraft!