Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

D.V cowl line up

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 03:33 PM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D.V cowl line up

Hey chip i kind of have the same problem with my cowl lining up to the spinner. using your template for the mounting of the engine is a little smaller then the DA itself NO BIGGIE. i had the wife enlarge it so it was the same size as the firewall. should be golden right.

Well when i mounted my cowl and installed the spinner. it does not match the back plate the back plate is about a 1/4" lower then the cowl. I'am a little disapointed with the fit. But is this going to affect the flight performance of the plane. here's a pic
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48016.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	258207  
Old 04-14-2005, 08:39 PM

Default RE: D.V cowl line up

i think in the directions dont it say to ca the engine on the firewall with a couple drops of ca to check the cowl alignment . then if it didnt line up you can pop the motor lose and try it again my motor and cowl line up perfect i can send you a pic if you want.

bryon
Old 04-14-2005, 08:45 PM
DENNIS C

I dont remember reading that. my concern is if it's going to affect the flight performance of the plane.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:11 AM
Fastlif
My Feedback: (2)

no, I think you will be fine. Chip can chime in here, but I do not believe so. the cowl should be able to give a little too, so you might be able to erase or diminish that quarter inch? Your thrust line could be off a skoosh but that should not affect you unless you are looking for dead on pattern flying?

In other words, Give er'
Old 04-23-2005, 04:48 PM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dennis,

I have tried to call you since last Wed., but the # you left on my machine keeps saying out of order. I am sorry that the Manuel does not have the proper info, I have been stuck between a rock and a hard place with a web guy that seems to only do about half of everything I sent to him. I will make sure I get the best info up there and to answer your Q, no that little bit of thrust line diviation will not make a noticeable difference in the flight charecteristics of your DV

Sorry for the delay

Chip
ORIGINAL: DENNIS C

I dont remember reading that. my concern is if it's going to affect the flight performance of the plane.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:51 PM
DENNIS C

ORIGINAL: Double-vision

Dennis,

I have tried to call you since last Wed., but the # you left on my machine keeps saying out of order. I am sorry that the Manuel does not have the proper info, I have been stuck between a rock and a hard place with a web guy that seems to only do about half of everything I sent to him. I will make sure I get the best info up there and to answer your Q, no that little bit of thrust line diviation will not make a noticeable difference in the flight charecteristics of your DV

Sorry for the delay

Chip
ORIGINAL: DENNIS C

I didnt leave my # on your machine. i left with the LADY that answered the phone. maybe she wrote it down wrong[:@]