Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Any experience with a FUN Piccolo or Honey Bee Heli?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Any experience with a FUN Piccolo or Honey Bee Heli?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Air3D540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any experience with a FUN Piccolo or Honey Bee Heli?

I have just started to get interested in micro electric helis. This will be my first helicopter ever so in your all's opinion, which is the best performer--- The FUN Piccolo or the Honey Bee Heli. I have no idea how either flies so please let me know what you think.

Thanks a lot!
Old 04-27-2005, 05:27 PM
EPHeliFan

Default RE: Any experience with a FUN Piccolo or Honey Bee Heli?

I can only speak to the Piccolo as I have never owned a Honey Bee. Just looking at the two, the piccolo V2 seemed to be a hair more advanced. I should have started by saying that both of these birds are marginal compared to the likes of a TREX or Shogun.
I had a lot of fun with the Pic being my first heli. To be able to fly in your kitchen, living room, or garage is amazing. I overdosed on the thing and ended up with more parts than any other model in my hanger. They can be addictive but you have got to know what you want to do with your bird.

Iā€™m selling all of my Piccolo stuff on eBay.

Ikarus ECO Piccolo V2 Helicopter with tons of parts
Piccolo Alluminum Shawshplate, Parts Item number: 5972004253
Old 05-09-2005, 03:06 PM
stuntking

I just bought a esky honeybee fp three days ago and it flies great. It was my first heli.
I love it, hovers nicely and lots of power
Old 05-09-2005, 04:43 PM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Piccolo Fun and a Esky 4ch (FP) that I have worked on for a guy who has not picked it abck up yet.
Both fly nicely for a FP micro.

I also have a T-Rex. The T-Rex gets all of my flight time now. (know anyone that wants a well behaved Piccolo?)
Admittedly, the Piccolo is a much more robust trainer. But is is also much harder to fly. And once you walk outside and realize how poorly the FP micro helis perform in even the mild breezes, and see how much wind the T-Rex sized helis can handle, you will realize why there has been such an explosion in the bigger, outdoor CP helis.

You CAN start with a FP micro. It will give you the lowest repair per crash ratio out of any heli. Or you can get a decent simulator, put in 40ish hours hovering and some more advanced exercises, and fly a T-rex. (even if you do get a FP micro, the simulator will save you a LOT of frustration!)
Old 05-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Air3D540

I have a Real-flight G3 simulator and I just sent my subscription in for the helicopter update a couple of days ago so after I get some experience with it, i may look into the T-Rex you are talking about Vince.

Thanks