Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Composite Kangaroo engine

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Composite Kangaroo engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 07:14 AM
alfplaza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Composite Kangaroo engine

Hello,

I wan't to know based in your experience wich is the best engine i could use in my kangaroo, also i want this engine to be used later in a F16 or f18, i'm starting into turbine powered planes..

I'm attaching a list of turbines that i have found.

Thanks,

Alfredo.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76342.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	276650  
Old 05-26-2005, 07:28 AM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Composite Kangaroo engine

All of the turbines yor have listed are great, and suitable for the kangaroo.
You should buy the one that will have the best support/maintenace where you live.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:47 AM
J. Campbell
My Feedback: (31)

That question entirely depends on WHAT f-16 you are looking to fly? If it is a yellow or byron size then a 12to 14 lb engine will suffice, i had a simjet 1200 on my kangaroo and it flew it great. If you are wanting the skymaster stuff i would go with an FTE 750, hands down good price for that thrust class, good service from carlos and very reliable. Russ
Old 05-26-2005, 11:10 AM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

If the PST 1300 is anything like the 600 /600R, it sould be an awesome performer...and the current pricing puts it a couple hundred bucks lower than similar thrust engines. All the engines in your list are good. Like Sonnich says, it depends on the support you can get locally...
Old 05-26-2005, 12:02 PM
matten

Get an least a 120 (26 lbs trust), I started with a Kangaroo Jetcat P-80, now I fly the Philip Avonds F-16 with the same engine, I wish I had a P- 120.

Regards,
RM
Old 05-26-2005, 01:56 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Hola Alfredo, I Have flown the roo , hotspot, and look alikes with all the trust ranges in the turbine chart and they all fly this plane quite fine. But I will suggest you a P-70, because :

1) With 17 lbs of trust the roo performs very well.
2) This turbine has a lower residual thrust at idle, unlike the bigger engines in the 18 lbs+ range
and this makes landings a lot easier,and landings are a major issue in turbine powered planes.
3) Its fuel consumption is lower than this same engines,this gives you a extra minute of flying, and this means a lot in this plane.
4) It is super reliable, just flip the switch and fly..

Whatever you buy, good luck with your roo, Enrique

Old 05-26-2005, 06:04 PM
medjets
My Feedback: (5)

Hi Alfredo,

I fly my Kangaroo with a RAM500 full start. This turbine (MW54 Class) is lighter than the other bigger turbines and results in airplane light, low consumption and very good to fly. Only long vertical flights that are limited, but I am satisfied!!

Regards.

Fabio
Old 05-28-2005, 07:50 AM
Flying Arrow
My Feedback: (6)

What you need is good value for the money??

Trouble free??

Reliability??

good aftersale service?

Power?? Any (good) jet pilot will tell you that extra thrust is not a waste, its control. Ya landing with underpowered engines are easier, but you don't look for easy, easy = no challenge, so why bother with jets??

The King is JETCAT P 120. This is the engine you need for your roo, rookie, hotspot, f16, f15, L39, ba hawk ...etc

I bit that no one can dare to question the P120. So make your choice
Old 05-31-2005, 12:56 PM
alfplaza

Thank you all for your answers. i don't want to overkill the kangaroo wit a big turbine but i want unlimited vertical climb. I also want to use the turbine later for an Skymaster F18 or a Yellow F16.

I was considering to buy the simjet 2200/1200 or the T750, we don't have any support or maintenance for any turbines in Venezuela, so i'm considering an engine that i could send to the US to do the maintenance.

It is also my first time in turbines so i want a simple to operate an start turbine...

Thank you all for the advice.

Alfredo.

Old 05-31-2005, 01:43 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Alfredo,

I have flown my Kangaroo on a P-80 and a P-120. With the P-120, the plane ROCKS. The P-80 is OK, but the performance is noticably down. As far as reliability goes, the P-120 is on the top of the hill - some may equal it, but none top it. Also, service for the P-120 is fairly close by at JetCat USA in California and they are tops to deal with too.

Bob