Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

H9 Ultimate CG Location?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 09:37 AM
mpoole
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 Ultimate CG Location?

Now that some of you have been flying these for quite a while, where have you found the ideal CG location to be? I've heard that the location mentioned in the instructions makes it very nose heavy. I prefer just a touch of down elevator to keep it level inverted.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 05-31-2005, 11:10 AM
rcavi8ter
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: H9 Ultimate CG Location?

I have found that 3/4" behind the top tube with the wings off is a good place to balance. It requires a small amount of down for inverted and makes transition in point rolls very smooth.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:35 PM
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey Chris, is that behind the center of the tube or rear of the back of the tube. Got the first 3 flights of the year on mine last weekend and what a blast to fly. It is like a 3D trainer. Torque rolls hands off once in the groove. If I remeber correctly, I balanced mine 1" behind what the manual said, but would like to compare it to yours for reference.
Mark, this plane is a blast. Hope H9 keeps this one around awhile as it will get replaced if I kill it. Good luck with yours. Chris, thanks in advance for the info, Craig
Old 06-01-2005, 11:18 AM
rcavi8ter
My Feedback: (19)

3/4" Behind the Trailing edge of the wing tube with the wings off. I find it easier to balance with no wings as then you can do it yourself. No need to call a buddy to come over and balance a 45lbs on your finger tips