Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Flap Mis-alignment

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 09:33 AM
Corango

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flap Mis-alignment

I am trying to finish my first scale project. It is a Top Flite T-34 Mentor Kit. The airplane looks good but have on serious problem. When I epoxied the Robart hinges in for the flap my alignment was off. On my right flap if the outside edge meets the aileron the flap is up on the fuse by 1/4 inch. Of course if I line up at the fuse the flap is drooped at the aileron by 1/8".

Is there any other way to resolve the problem other that cutting the Robart hinges, drilling them out, plugging the hole and starting over?

Any help will be great. I am trying to get the model completed for our upcoming, Love-Air Big Bird event.

Ron
Old 06-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Bish Wheeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flap Mis-alignment

Been there done that! The plane will fly, but you will have some serious trimming to do and the trim will change every time you change air speed. Drill them out and start over or cut into the flap to loosen the hinges, realign, epoxy them back in place, fill in the surgery and repaint.

Bish
Old 06-13-2005, 01:18 PM
Dr1Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Flap Mis-alignment

Trimming that plane will be interesting, to say the least. I'd cut it off, plug, redrill, and start over.

Dr.1