Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Just bought a TLT, i need help from wookie and the other crawlers

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Just bought a TLT, i need help from wookie and the other crawlers

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 08:19 PM
RC SNYPER
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just bought a TLT, i need help from wookie and the other crawlers

more pics from last night........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12641.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	286105   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41950.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	286106  
Old 06-26-2005, 05:46 PM
SSbob

IF this thread is still alive, i need help from snyper. im in the process of building a tlt, when i came upon this thread, and realized that mine is going to look really similiar to yours. i even have the same wheels (rims). now, what im needing to know, is how did u mount them, because the offset is so shallow, that it just hits the upright and the links. did u widen it before or after you put these on. thanks
Old 06-26-2005, 07:27 PM
RC SNYPER

ORIGINAL: SSbob

i even have the same wheels (rims). now, what im needing to know, is how did u mount them, because the offset is so shallow, that it just hits the upright and the links. did u widen it before or after you put these on. thanks
Your talking about the rims right? Well right now i stll have the stock axles in there so the tire hits the links but it's not enough to cause damage. What tires are you running? If you have the swamp dawgs , the outer most tread is hitting it when i turn but it doesn't hurt the tire or the link. I have put this thing through some abuse in my backyard. We are having contruction done to make a driveway new sidewalk and put in a new shed as well. we have everything but the driveway in so it's perfect for crawling because of the loose dirt and mounds of dirt. I do have the problem of the wheel nuts sometimes coming off is you use the rpm hex's but it does extend the width a tiny bit. I might be ordering the wheel wideners from inet because those durn blackfoot and tg10 axles are so hard to get now. I will update more . I will try to get a small vid on here in a couple of days. You can mount the rims on but keep and eye out if the wheel nut gets loose cuz that thing is a small little devil and get lost easily.

Kenny
Old 06-26-2005, 07:28 PM
RC SNYPER

Have i mentioned i can't spell for beans?
Old 06-26-2005, 08:27 PM
SSbob

thanks and good luck with the wheel nut or even the search for tg10 axles lol..

but i think ive fixed the problem all together, what i did, was take a bandsaw to my wheels, and cut the lip thats closest to the axle off. then, i went and cut it as close to the hex nut hole thing as i could. then i sanded them to true em out a little bit. thats as far as ive gotten so far, but i will update as i get along. im in the process of CA gluing the lips onto the wheel, ill update when that happens. it reduced the wheel offset to only the width of the lip, and it pushed my masher 2k's out as well, so im sure thatll help in ground clearance and so forth.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:34 PM
RC SNYPER

Nice sounds like you didn't even need me. Good luck with it.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:46 PM
SSbob

i was just curious if there was a way to do it without having to hack up the tires, but i figured i could have 10 dollars worth of rims that didnt work, or a 10 dollar mess, or something that actually did good, and i got what i wanted, and they seem to work great, that is, if they hold up, i might have to shoe goo em or something, that might make it better in the long run.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:07 PM
RC SNYPER

Shoe goo really works on plastics and wood.