Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

New Tamiya Hummer On The Way!! Need Help Making It OffRoad Capable

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

New Tamiya Hummer On The Way!! Need Help Making It OffRoad Capable

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 12:35 AM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tamiya Hummer On The Way!! Need Help Making It OffRoad Capable

Ive been a stadium truck guy for a long time and ive always wanted a tamiya hummer, i came up with the cash and i finally bought one. it will be here tomorrow or the next day.

i need help on locking the diffs, what do i use and what do i use it on,

also i need some lift and some shock travel, what shocks do you think would work, ive been thinking about shocks from the front evader buggy or the front shocks off of the towerhobbies st-15

im getting the new tamiya tz super stock motor. it says that it has alot of torque so its on my list

since they frekin discontinued the pro-line land rover body i guess i have to find something else that will fit

The mtroniks rv15 esc is already on the way

Im not sure on what else to get or what to do to make this thing capable so help a st guy out
Old 06-27-2005, 10:15 AM
Spdsk8er
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: New Tamiya Hummer On The Way!! Need Help Making It OffRoad Capable

love ur screen name! damn r they good!!!!!!!!!!![8D]
Old 06-27-2005, 11:18 AM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

For the motor, I'd try one of the trinity stockers, Ive got the monster horsepower stock in my TLT and it has more than enough torque.

If you do end up getting one of the tamiya motors, get it off ebay. I seen them all the time for like $23.

For the diffs, you can usually just fill them up with epoxy, jb weld, etc. to lock them. You can even screw them together if you prefer.

For the shocks, you better wate untill it come sin so you can measure the stock ones.

I dont know what youll do about the body, the stock is one is hard plastic so I wouldnt suggest using it unless your car is gona stay on all 4's at all times, otherwise it will get beat up pretty fast. Proline makes a military style hummer body for the T-maxx, and HPI makes a jeep body for the savage/T-maxx. But I think theyd be too large.

Old 06-27-2005, 12:28 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

what are you talkin about tomcat, my screenname??

ill even make special mounts if i have to, i want the truck to look stock but be kickass
Old 06-28-2005, 07:38 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Even if you make mounts and get them to fit on, more than likely the wheelbase and width of the bodies will be bigger than your hummers.

BTW has it came in yet?
Old 06-30-2005, 05:04 AM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

its not here yet, i hope it will get here today cause then i can start measuring and have my grandpa start making custom parts out of stainless,