Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Hi Tec Digitals

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 02:32 AM
BAGOSTIX
My Feedback: (178)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Tec Digitals

Has anyone heard of people having lock up problems with the Hi Tec 5945MG servos? I have a ton of these and have heard that at full deflection they lock up... let me hear the reviews, good or bad..
Old 01-06-2002, 03:05 AM
Diablo-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default servo

I just got finished setting up my Cap with 8 of these servos. I have been running them for at least 4 hours during the programming. No lockups yet and not a single problem.
Old 01-06-2002, 03:10 AM
Radman

Default hi-teck servos

I run the 5645's ( a step below what you have) After a seasons worth of flying i never had one problem with the digitals. For the money i don't think they can be beat.
Old 01-06-2002, 03:22 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hi Tec Digitals

Stix

Some of the original HiTec Digi's had an amplifier that could be overdriven if I recall the terminology correctly. For instance anything above 120% on ATV would or could cause this problem to surface. HiTec did upgrade some of these. If you suspect that there maybe a problem ship them to HiTec for an upgrade or at least a checkup. The servos carry a two year warranty.

I have been using them with no problems..
Old 01-06-2002, 04:38 PM
Kickin Chicken

Default Hi Tec Digitals

Hi Guys,
Since ya'll talking about Hitec Digi's locking up, I need some advice also,I have ordered a HS5645 Hitec/Jr to be used with a Futuba GYA350 gyro and a Futuba 9c, after ordering I read somewhere about failsafe programming only with Hitec/Jr and such, should I send it (servo) back and get a Futuba/Hitec setup? Christmas gift certificate was burning a hole in my pocket and wasn't thinking too clearly.
Thanks,
Old 01-06-2002, 04:45 PM
BAGOSTIX

Default HiTecs

Thanks fellas, I was bummed that I had all these servos with so much torque but couldnt use them without a certain degree of apprehension.. I appreciate the replies..
Old 01-06-2002, 05:35 PM
mglavin

Default Hi Tec Digitals

Kick'In

Originally posted by Kick'In Chicken
Hi Guys,
Since ya'll talking about Hitec Digi's locking up, I need some advice also,I have ordered a HS5645 Hitec/Jr to be used with a Futuba GYA350 gyro and a Futuba 9c, after ordering I read somewhere about failsafe programming only with Hitec/Jr and such, should I send it (servo) back and get a Futuba/Hitec setup? Christmas gift certificate was burning a hole in my pocket and wasn't thinking too clearly.
Thanks,
Not a 100% sure on what your saying here, but I'll try and offer what I do know.

HiTec Digitals have an onboard servo fail-safe feature. This feature is usable if you have the HiTec servo programmer. This feature will work with any TX or radio system. If you have a PCM RX then you will not need to even consider using the on board fail-safe, i.e. it would be redundant.

As far as the application goes Hitec/JR, the only difference is the servo wire pigtail. The HiTec/JR servo pigtail will work fine with a Futaba RX, simply pay attention to the color code when installing the servo plug.
Old 01-06-2002, 11:10 PM
BAGOSTIX

Default Hey Mike

Have you used the programer? I saw they came out with one recently.. and another question, do these make as much noise as the JRs?
Old 01-07-2002, 12:17 AM
mglavin

Default Hi Tec Digitals

Yes, I have the programmer/servo tester, Its a very nice piece of equipment. In addition to being able to program HiTec Digitals the programmer can be used as setup and testing device on all servos regardless of brand. I use it to setup servo throw and centering prior to complete a radio installation. The programmer comes in a aluminum case much like a charger and has an onboard power supply/NiCad battery source.

The HiTec Digitals make a different noise, less obnoxious than JR, but still present. Sounds like its moving a little faster and and a higher pitch jitter but at a lower noise level.
Old 01-07-2002, 12:24 AM
BAGOSTIX

Default who's who?

Who's selling the programmer Mike? I checked with Servo City no joy..
Old 01-07-2002, 01:05 AM
Kickin Chicken

Default Hi Tec Digitals

Thanks mglavin,
Sorry for not being completely clear but your answer was right on,
I will be using a 9c pcm and didn't want this servo go south around failsafe - I don't use this feature I rather crash on my own.
Old 01-07-2002, 01:13 AM
mglavin

Default Hi Tec Digitals

Rick

I purchased the HiTec programmer from my LHS. They maybe on backorder at other locations. I understand the initial order was depleted on release.
Old 01-07-2002, 01:31 AM
BAGOSTIX

Default LHS?

I'm not clear on LHS thanks Mike
Old 01-07-2002, 01:35 AM
mglavin

Default Hi Tec Digitals

LHS = Local Hobby Shop
Old 01-07-2002, 01:48 AM
BAGOSTIX

Default >>>>

OIC derrrrrrrrrrrrr thanks
Old 01-07-2002, 06:58 PM
Diablo-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default programmer

My LHS has a programmer on order for me too. Hitec is awfully slow making these things. I bet they could easily sell a couple of hundred of them. And increase servo sales too. It's almost like that damned Litco Alpha charger. q;}