Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

dura-lite 4 port charger

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 10:02 PM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dura-lite 4 port charger

Anybody having problems with there's
Old 07-08-2005, 10:24 PM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

Default RE: dura-lite 4 port charger

Mine has been used maybe 5 times, one port already burned out, both of my friends went bad, and had to get replacements.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:29 PM
ncsanik
My Feedback: (1)

ive had the things that stick off the back of the circut board come off many many times. i also burned throught the thick metal piece on the front on one. mine is about 6 months old and used twice a month.

brian
Old 07-09-2005, 02:50 AM
FlyinTiger
My Feedback: (45)

I guess I've been the lucky one...I've used mine for about 6 months. I charge RX batteries and 7.4V Li-Po Foamy batteries too.

I've only charged using all four ports three times, the other times were using one port at a time. I have noticed that the "black box" gets pretty warm if I charge all four batteries at once!

Good luck! I hope Duralite is backing up their customers on these chargers... I just hope I never have one burn up on me and have to put a fire out in my house. Hearing all this about them failing is making me wonder if I should switch over to Fromeco?
Old 07-09-2005, 07:09 AM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

Thanks guy's i was just curious.....one of my ports just went bad. after using it for a year. im going to call them on monday.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:24 AM
vertical ts
My Feedback: (50)

Same thing happened to me,1 port stopped working.They were good about it and shipped a new one out right away.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:25 AM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Dennis,
I got an e-mail from my vendor TBM about a problem with some of the AC adaptors for the 4 port DL charger.
I called DL this week and discribed my exact finishing voltages and they said my setup will be fine. I hope so! I have had mine about 5 months now and used it a lot. It gets hot so I unscrewed the the case apart and will retro fit a fan in the case. I'll give this charger one chance until I buy the competitors. There is nothing about lithum chemistry worth goofing around with if this product is even less than perfect IMO!

They seem real cool on the phone so give them a call.

Joe