Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

H9 t-craft aileron gorge

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 06:09 AM
pstyp-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 t-craft aileron gorge

Hi, folks. Trying to link up my ailerons
and am winding up with the configuration seen in pic. Can't seem to find a horn bracket long enough to keep me over the hinge line while keeping my horn screw perpendicular to my pushrod, so I canted horn forward. Anyone see a problem with the geometry of this linkage? Using Nelson horns
and clevis. If I'm behind the hinge line
by, say, a half inch, but have my horn 90 degrees to my pushrod, would I be better off?
Using a computer radio so I see no disadvantage to latter scenario. Or am I just nitpicking this thing to death?
Thanks,
Pete
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	30828_12820.gif
Views:	15
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	19542  
Old 10-16-2002, 01:08 PM
LuvBipes
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default H9 t-craft aileron gorge

I see no problem with the setup. Any (unwanted)cdifferential throw can be dialed-out thru trnasmitter programming. I'm assuming, of course, that the horn bolt mounting location in the aileron, has inlaid hardwood.
Old 10-16-2002, 05:31 PM
rbort
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just use the stock hardware

HI:

Use the stock hardware, it will work just fine. No need for Nelson hardware and such, this is no big monster bird with huge surfaces flying at 100mph plus... Its a high wing plane that will do just fine with the plastic horns and 70oz servos.

-=>Raja.