Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Bouncing Corona 120 Tail

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Bouncing Corona 120 Tail

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 10:14 PM
FlyingFish
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bouncing Corona 120 Tail

Just put a new gyro in my Corona 120, It flys nice and smooth during forward flight, But does anyone have any idea why the tail boom bounces during a hover? Is the gain set too high? It turns okay, the gyro gain dosen't seem to be fighting me durning the turns.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:38 PM
connor126
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Bouncing Corona 120 Tail

do you mean it wags or do you actually mean it bounces up and down? if its up and down then the set screws on the tail blades could be coming out thats what fixed my bouncing problem I had and balancing the blades I had some excess plastic from molding on my tail blades carved those off and it fixed my problem if thats not your problem uhhh then i dont have any idea probably gain like your mentioned. I have a GY240 and I have it at like 70% gain
Old 07-31-2005, 08:04 PM
FlyingFish

Yes, My entire tail boom actually bounces UP & Down like a basket ball, But that makes scense that the tail rotor may be out of balance! I thought it might be the gyro because my heli never did that until I changed the gyro. But I'll look into the set screws and rebalance the tail blades and let you know the results, Thanks Connor126
Old 07-31-2005, 10:36 PM
FlyingFish

Well, I took apart the whole tail rotor, re-balanced everything and made sure the set screws were tight and took it out for a test flight! But the tail is still bouncing...... However, I think I found the problem! When I set the corona down and give the heli about 10-15% throttle and watch the Main rotor head spin, as the white bladed Rotor head spins against the black background of the street, I can see the entire main rotor disk has a slight eliptical wobble to it......[X(] I'm thinking the main shaft has a slight warp! I'll let you know as soon as I change or test it.......
Old 08-02-2005, 12:58 AM
FlyingFish

THE BOUNCING TAIL PROBLEM IS SOLVED........ How?, Who Knows...... I took apart the entire main rotor and rebalanced it, I checked the Main shaft for a slight bend by rolling it on a perfectly level marble counter top, and get a load of this, I always keep new main rotor shafts as spares and both brand new shafts had more of a warp than the old one I removed! So I re-machined the old one by rotating it in a drill press and sanding it smooth and reinstalled it. I cleaned the swashplate and re-greased it. Decreased the Gain slightly, I Then Test flew the Heli and the tail Bounce is now gone! The heli is now more silent in flight and runs smoother in flight, But I don't know which of the above remedied the problem, another Mystery of the Corona Beast!
Old 08-02-2005, 01:41 AM
connor126
My Feedback: (7)

thats good. I need to get some upgrades for my corona. to make it perfect. glad you got it fixed
Old 08-03-2005, 11:55 PM
askman

I went to 7mm ti shaft kit and never have to worry about it again. www.ballistictechnology.com back open again..