Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

How do I fish the wires through the wing World Models ARF

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

How do I fish the wires through the wing World Models ARF

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 01:48 PM
PT40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I fish the wires through the wing World Models ARF

I have a World Models Rambler ARF. I have cut out the hole through the monocote for the aileron servo. There is a hole for the wires and a little piece of wood with fishing line that I assume is to guide me some how. I can't find the other end of the fishing line as it is inside the wing. I have spent some time with a flashlight etc and I know there is a trick to this but have been unsuccessful. Any help?
Old 01-09-2002, 02:24 PM
Texas_Tom

Default Fishing line

There should be a hole somewhere on the center section of the wing - near where the 2 halves join. It may be covered by the Ultracote, and you'll have to cut the covering to expose the hole. Inside that hole, you should find another little stick of wood with the other end of the fishing string tied to it. On my Chipmunk, the inboard stick was actually glued to the former inside that hole.
Old 01-09-2002, 02:32 PM
budcop
My Feedback: (23)

Default Servo Lines

Hi PT40, I have had several World Models, they all have the monofiliment line attached to a balsa stick accross the hole through the ribs, normally you would tie or tape the servo lead plug to the end of the line at the servo mounting position, then pull the wire through to the other hole near the center of the wing, if yours is broke or untied, take a string or fishing line tie a nut or small fishing sinker to it, drop the weight through the hole (nearest the wing center) holding the wing tip down and shake the weight through the holes till it gets to the servo mount, then use the line to "fish" the wires through.. hope that helps?
Bud........
Old 01-10-2002, 02:25 PM
ec121k

Default Fishing???

You can also try a vacuum cleaner. It will suck the line out of the hole. Works well unless there are some rough holes in some of the ribs.

Tony
Old 01-10-2002, 08:43 PM
PT40

Default Thanks I got it figured out.

The instrux are pictures and don't refer at all to the aileron wires... I finally found a small circular indentation under the covering in the vicinity of the root of the wing, you know where the wires need to pop up underneath the airplane fuselage. So I deduced...so much for instructions...that I must plunge my knife into this area to see if there was the other end of the fishing line in there.

Taa Daaa it was... So I got the little piece of wood out and cut the string off the wood to tie it to the wires and sprroooinnngggg it shot back inside of the wing quicker than Dallas! And I was being careful! So I did the lead weight thing and put it all together last night (ailerons at least).

Thanks for your help friends,
Chris Barley
Orlando FL
Old 01-11-2002, 04:00 AM
elmshoot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Default How do I fish the wires through the wing World Models ARF

I saw this tip in a recent magazine and it works just fine. Use a pull chain like on a single light in the attic. I went to Lowes and got 4 feet it is heavey enough that all you do is start to feed it in the hole hold the wing so that the chain will flow to the other end. It really works great and I can't believe that it was so simple. Now I don't install tubes in wings or anything it saves weight as well.
Sparky