Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Royal (Marutaka) Cessna Citation...anyone??

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Royal (Marutaka) Cessna Citation...anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 12:39 AM
captnem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal (Marutaka) Cessna Citation...anyone??

I need some help finishing my citation. I really need some advice from you pros that have built the plane or have flown it. Please Private message me. Thanks so much.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:12 AM
Christian-RCU

Default RE: Royal (Marutaka) Cessna Citation...anyone??

I built mine some time ago. What kind of help/info do you need?.

Christian
Old 09-19-2005, 10:57 AM
captnem
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Christian, Thanks for replying. First, could you tell me how you set up the thottle linkages? Did you use two servos or one? I am planning on using two, with some du-bro flexible pushrods. However, by the time I route the pushrods down the fuselage and through the engine pylons and out to the engines, there is a bit too much resistance. Also, how did you mount your canopy and cockpit? One last question for now... I heard the CG is about 96mm back from the leading edge of the wing, can you confirm this? Did you ever get to fly yours? If so how do they fly?
Old 09-19-2005, 11:31 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

[b]Cap:

I used the Sullivan flex for the throttles in my Tiggerkitty (plane in my avatar). The problem I had was not friction, but rather the slop of the cable in the housing. Used a quicklink at the servo, and ball joints at thethrottle ends.

To keep the engines close to sync I have to pull the throttle right back and then go up to the power level I want. If I just come down the engines are usually pretty far out.

Throttle servo is near left in the first picture, one engine and throttle link is shown in the other.

Bill.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96819.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	326067   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd94622.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	326068  
Old 09-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Christian-RCU

First of all I used two Dubro flex Cables. Althoug they might get a little sloppy they worked fine.
I used two servos with electronic mixing on my readio.
I also used the RK fan units with K&B 21 enignes. They worked great althought you have to tinker a lot with th set up. These little engines always work very rich giving rather a poor response on the mid range as well as the acceleration and deceleration .
The engine pods where held together to the engine pylons only with two nuts accesed from undearneath. The screws where fitted inside the pylon and not removable.
The flex cables left the fuseon each side and went through the rear of the Fan unit two each carburator. Tricky but it worked.
Due to the fact that these units have a very smalll gas tank, I also installed an aditional 6-8 gas tank in the fuse. This means aditional plumbing and two lines of fuel running through the pylon.
THe canopy was held with a rubber band. It will be enough. Install a hook under the canopy.
regardng CG I am not very sure but I rember I had to place almost 1 lb. of lead in the nose for balance.

I flew mine plenty of times with enough power from the two K&B's. Not a speeder, flaps are a must to slow down landings. I had retracts too (spring air). The plane flies a little in a nose down configuration like the real one and landings are about the same.