Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RS4 Rally Parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 08:18 AM
CaliberX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 Rally Parts

Does anyone have a resource for kit parts for the above mentioned car? Most parts are discontinued at HPI and I cannot justify the available option parts to resurrect this car. HPI is loosing its luster for me. I only own 2 cars (RS4 Rally Bought Used, and New Savage 4.6SS) and have either been dealing with parts that can't be found or service department lying about turn around time (1 week turned out to be 3) for an blown engine (my fault).

I just about to give up on HPI and look at another manufacturer.

Anyhow, any help on where to find center pulleys and gear diff sets for the RS4 rally would be appreciated.

CaliberX
Old 08-17-2005, 03:05 PM
HPI Staff

Default RE: RS4 Rally Parts

Sorry about that, but the Rally was released in 1998 and has been discontinued for a while, parts are getting hard to find for that product. eBay sometimes has hard to find parts, you can try a search for the part number you need. The instruction manual is still on the HPI web site, you can reference the part numbers there.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:00 AM
NO VICE

Let me know what you need. I own 6 complete rally cars and tons of spare parts.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:16 PM
m062290k

I'm looking for an upper deck (either fiber reinforced plastic #A566 or carbon fiber #A565) for a HPI RS4 Rally. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Old 09-14-2005, 06:18 PM
CaliberX

I also needed an upper deck. I was able to manufacture one out of aluminium in about 2-3 hours. You need a drill press (a dremel / hand drill can be substituted), some metal files, and a sheet of aluminium that can be purchased at your LHS.

Trace out the outline of the existing deck (glue the parts together if its broken like mine was) with a sharpie, drill outside the line (better to use a band saw if you have access to one). Use the cut-off wheel to remove the bulk of the material.

Clamp the ugly looking thing out of MadMax in your bench vise and file away to the line. The result should be a upper deck that looks and functions just like the original relic. Take good care in marking and drilling the holes for the mounting point, these need to be bang on. You can get away with murder with the outline, however, the holes need to be dead on.

CaliberX
Old 09-25-2005, 05:58 PM
Lexsrv
My Feedback: (5)

Anyone have link for tire/wheel set-ups for this veh..I wanna convert my 18ss so I do some more off-roading..thanx!
Old 09-25-2005, 06:02 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: HPI Staff

Sorry about that, but the Rally was released in 1998 and has been discontinued for a while, parts are getting hard to find for that product. eBay sometimes has hard to find parts, you can try a search for the part number you need. The instruction manual is still on the HPI web site, you can reference the part numbers there.
thanks for making me feel old, I bought mine when they first came out[&:]

any thoughts on doing any direct-distribution to hobby shops, since mine's getting just a BIT worn out and is also starting to see the need for parts.

PS-thank god for RPM's arms and lunsford's turnbuckles and hingepins this sucker's tough