Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

led light question

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 04:43 PM
woodymaxx
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default led light question

Hello I have a bunch of leds, ultra bright whites and reds, and want to make a couple of lighting kits... The light kits by ram I have bought before have some sort of thing to regulate power or something wired to the battery before the lights. here is a link to a lighting kit on towerhobbies simalar to what I have and want to put together with the thing I'm talking about wired to the battery conector next to the quarter in the picture.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:46 PM
woodymaxx
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: led light question

sorry forgot to put the link in http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTB97&P=ML
Old 09-26-2005, 06:46 PM
zaphod42
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: led light question

The black thing is probably just a box with a couple of resistors. It may have a switch to turn the lights on and off too (seems like a good idead instead of having to unplug and replug the battery to turn them off and on). The only thing you need to regulate power to the LEDs is a resistor (from the looks of it they have one for each pair of LEDs - you would have to have at least a 6 cell battery pack to pull that off and they would probably still be dim). If you have a resistor for each LED you can run off of far fewer volts. (I just posted a longer explanation in your other LED string).