Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Futaba 3pk

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Offspring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 3pk

Hi sorry to post this here, this seems to be a more active forum and hopefully I can get some useful responses here. I posted this in another forum, any help would be good.

"Hi, I have the 3pk radio with the 203HF HRS receiver. I dont have any
digital servos to run in HRS mode, so my question is can I choose PPM
modulation in the transmitter and have the HRS receiver operate on PPM
only and be able to use analog servos?"
Old 09-21-2005, 10:24 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 3pk

You should be able to since the transmitter module should be the same. I have the PCM receiver and run my transmitter in both PCM and PPM. I use PPM when not using Futaba PCM modules, i.e. FM receivers such as Novak XXLs and the Futaba AM Conversion Module.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:42 PM
Offspring

Thanks but the problem is can the Futaba R203HF HRS receiver operate on uncoded PPM as well or will it only operate on HRS?
Old 09-21-2005, 10:48 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

If you visit http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/futj32.html and scroll down, you should notice that R203HF is listed as both FM and HRS modulation, while PCM uses the R113iP receiver. The manual is also downloadable at the same link if you need one to keep handy or just want a computer file manual.

By the way, I'm going to delete your other duplicate thread and move this thread to the RC Car Radio Equipment forum.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:10 AM
Mad Wax

According to the manual you cannot use analogue servos with the HRS receiver. Whether or not if you set to FM only and it's safe is another matter.

PCM allows you to use analogue or digital servos.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: Mad Wax
According to the manual you cannot use analogue servos with the HRS receiver. Whether or not if you set to FM only and it's safe is another matter.

PCM allows you to use analogue or digital servos.
The transmission "mode" (PPM, PCM, HRS) is not the same as the type of receiver (R230HF, R113iP, etc.). If the transmitter is not set to HRS, it should not be transmitting in HRS. Of course, you can always explain why Futaba lists the same "receiver" for FM/HRS if the receiver will not work with PPM. The AM Conversion Module also works in the PPM mode. One thing I like about my Nomadio Sensor--I can set the transmitter to each servo type. In other words, I can transmit a faster signal to a digital servo if I want to and a slower signal to an analog servo if I want to instead of being restricted to one signal speed. Quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if high end analog servos would also work with the Futaba in the HRS mode if the servos were properly adjusted to prevent servo burn out since it appears to me that the only thing the HRS mode is really doing is transmitting the signal at a faster rate.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:45 AM
forestroke

Tigger - in the 3PK you can slow the speed of the servo down but the tx rate is still high.

offspring - i don't think you can use the HRS mode on a PPM rx. i have tried by accident several times (switching between models with PPM rxs). but you can easily switch to PPM tx mode for all your PPM needs.