Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

I just...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 03:42 PM
heli-cuzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just...

.... Purchased this.>>> T-Rex 450XL Explosive Brushless Combo

It should be here by the end of this week.

Does anybody have hints or suggestions about setting up tx/rx/heli?

I have a Super 9c tx and the heli will have the gy240.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68006.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	333419  
Old 10-03-2005, 04:13 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: I just...

Not much you need to know....you already bought one of the best heli's out there.

Once you get it built. Here are some tips.
Im assuming you've flown helicopters before...if not...get help BEFORE you try to fly it.

The Trex is sensitive on cyclic. Just a light touch will do it. It doesnt take much. With that Futaba gyro, the tail will NOT move. It will lock dead on in heading...beautifully. The heli is really stable, but EXTREMELY agile. If you push the sticks, it will move....and move quickly.

Its a really fun heli to fly....Im getting mine soon. Ive had some sticktime with my friends Trex. His is just about exactly like the one you ordered only its the CDE version.

Its also a really good looking heli. Looks more like a big nitro bird than an electric. Its also pretty big. Wind wont affect it. We were flying in 10-20mph winds no problem. Mount the ESC where it can get some airflow, as usual with heli's things get toasty warm. A heatsink on the brushless motor wouldn't hurt either.

Old 10-03-2005, 05:34 PM
heli-cuzz

Thanks, so it should fly similar to my Caliber 30.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:49 AM
heli-cuzz

What is the CDE version?
Old 10-04-2005, 08:42 AM
bdavison

Im not sure what the differences are between the XL, CDE, HDE, etc. The CDE is basically just like a Raptor .50 scaled down. Its almost an exact duplicate.

Its a really stable helicopter. I cant wait to get mine.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:33 AM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: bdavison
...The CDE is basically just like a Raptor .50 scaled down. Its almost an exact duplicate...
The CDE version is not like the Raptor .50 ... it uses eCCPM, not standard mixing... the HDE version is the standard mix version (like the Raptor). You have to have 120 degree swash mixing on you're radio for the CDE version. The eCCPM version uses all three pitch servos for collective pitch, while the HDE version will only use one... personally I prefer eCCPM over standard mechanical mixing....
Old 10-04-2005, 09:01 PM
heli-cuzz

ORIGINAL: -pkh-

ORIGINAL: bdavison
...The CDE is basically just like a Raptor .50 scaled down. Its almost an exact duplicate...
The CDE version is not like the Raptor .50 ... it uses eCCPM, not standard mixing... the HDE version is the standard mix version (like the Raptor). You have to have 120 degree swash mixing on you're radio for the CDE version. The eCCPM version uses all three pitch servos for collective pitch, while the HDE version will only use one... personally I prefer eCCPM over standard mechanical mixing....

Thank you pkh for the info, that's exactly what I want. My caliber 30 is ccpm all three servos wok in unison with the collective.

I have a Futaba Super 9c, does anyone know what swash setting I should be using?
Old 10-04-2005, 09:51 PM
mdavies31

Here's a link to enough T-Rex info to keep you reading for days.

http://www.trextuning.com/

I found it on DeeTee's site.

http://www.deeteeenterprises.com/
Old 10-05-2005, 10:18 AM
bdavison

DOH.....HDE, CDE...IMD QZT...to many abbreviations.
They all "look" alot like a scaled down raptors.

So the HDE has a 4 servo setup right? Collective through the main shaft? and the CDE has the 3 servo swashplate collective deal? So what does the XL version have? Im confused....maybe Im getting them mixed up.

Old 10-05-2005, 10:21 AM
bdavison

Id like to know the settings for the CDE version too since I will be getting mine soon. Ive also got a 9C super.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:33 PM
billaltman
My Feedback: (7)

The swash setting will be 120 Deg. I have the Trex 450XL ccpm. the XL is the stretch version, longer tail boom. Bryan I heard you got a 9c super. That will be my next one for now the 7 cap is doing okay. I just smacked mine in the other day inverted, The only damage was the main blades spindle shaft and drive gear. It didn't even bend the main shaft. Only cost me around 20 dollars. I would recommend if you upgrade going with metal mixing levers for sure. I used Trextuning.com for lots of help. Bill
Old 10-05-2005, 03:51 PM
bdavison

I cant wait to get mine. Its gonna be my christmas present to myself...everyone else is getting a pair of socks....MWUHAHAHAHAHA.[>:]

Old 10-06-2005, 07:03 AM
heli-cuzz

Mine should be here today or tomorrow. I feel like a ten year old kid on x-mas eve. LMAO

I'm gonna try out my settings {pitch/throttle/hold/idle ups 1, 2, and 3} I have programmed for my Caliber 30.