Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Aerotech DH Mosquito

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 07:24 AM
f104g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerotech DH Mosquito

Had the 14th flight of my DH Mosquito today ...

All credit to the Aerotech co. the model flies great ....... quick and easy to build and looks the part in the air.

I'm looking forward to the next flight already.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39367.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	157048   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15854.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	157049   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo29570.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	157050   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33332.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	157051  
Old 07-25-2004, 03:43 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

Default RE: Aerotech DH Mosquito

Please share the specs with us....Nice color Scheme!!! Do you have retracts?
Old 07-25-2004, 08:27 PM
cstrohm

f104g,

Could you share some ideas with me? I am new to twins and have a Great Planes Super Sportster 40 converted to twin Fox 25s per a article in RCM several years ago.
Have made several flights but not yet happy with results, ie have also made several repairs!!
Both engines bought new, same break in. I installed a left hand crank in one to make the engines counter-rotating. Looking from the front of plane each prop turns inward at the top of the prop arc. I thought this would help fight engine out asymetric thrust problem.
I normally tune each engine individually, slightly rich, with tach. I have a good handle on low to midrange operation. High speed seems to vary appreciably and inconsistently. I notice bubbles in fuel lines at varying times and rates-engine rpms sag and then smooth out again. Have tried several tank plumbing options-with and without pressure, separate fill line, etc. Any thoughts? Thanks for any help.
Carl Strohm
Old 07-26-2004, 07:53 AM
f104g

Hi Carl,

Its sounds to me like you have your model pretty well prepared generally .

some specs on the mossie:

The mosquito uses 2 standard Thunder Tiger .46's, both of which have had plenty of flights in other models. I knew that they were well run in and reliable when I installed them into the Mosquito.

I did'nt opt for retracts. It can be done apparently, but there is no provision made for installing retracts in the model. For a twin, the Mosquito is not that big a model at 71 inches WS, and I did'nt want the extra weight or headache of trying to install them. The scheme is based on a WW2 USAAF photo recon airplane.

Just as if they we sitting in an ordinary single, I tune each engine individually. Like yourself, I tune for the sightly rich side of peak revs etc, and so far I have had no problem at all with the engines.

The only concession I make to twin engine operation is to ensure both engines deliver full power at full throtte, and don't stop at idle. I don't otherwise make any attempt to match the revs between the engines.

there's only a couple of reason's I can quickly think of that will cause bubbles in the fuel line. An air leak in the tank or fuel line to the motor, or vibration. Both are fairly easy to fix.

A break or hole in the fuel line is fairly easy to spot. Check the integrity of the fuel tank by pressurising the tank. Blow into the (empty) fuel tank through the fuel line while closing off all other lines. Any air leaks in the tank will be audible.

The Mosquito also does'nt have separate fill lines or use a fuel filler valve. There is enough room for me to unplug the fuel line directly from each engine and refill the tank.

vibration can cause air bubbles in the fuel line...... make sure that the fuel tank is completely isolated from the airframe by foam rubber, and that the engines are firmly secured in their mountings.

Hope this is of some assistance to you.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32434.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	157381   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78748.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	157382  
Old 09-21-2004, 04:44 PM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fuel bubbles. I am curious about the type of foam you are using and how the tanks are held in or against the foam. I believe that all my engine shutdowns in twins have been a result of fuel foaming.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:35 AM
rcmag1000
My Feedback: (18)

I have a The Mosquito T111 that is almost complete. I do not have the plans either. I also would like to know if there are retracts available?
Old 10-14-2005, 06:41 PM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

Hi;Just wondering where can I find this Aerotech Co.?Did a search lot of Cos by that name but none that looked to be model mfgs?Wouldlike to try one of these to.I know have seen a kit for them somewhere on here.Looks like awful short nose is there much of a balance problem?Thanks.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:12 PM
f104g

The Aerotech model company of the UK is no longer in existance I believe. I would have like to try out a few of their other models eg B-25 & P-38.

ESM do an ARF Mosquito of about the same scale and specs.

My own Aerotech Mossie now has approx 50+ flights on it and is going thru a renovation.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:09 AM
cabbie101

ive got 2 of these aerotech mossies.

1 fully built with retracts and the other is still a complete kit (sadly no plans) just build instructions.

would love a set of plans if someone out there has a copy to sell ££??
Old 10-27-2005, 05:44 AM
f104g

did you build the other Mosquito? .. they're quite straight forward to build, all pretty conventional build method. You could do it without a set of plans.

Maybe use the built one as a guide.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:04 AM
cabbie101

i had it built for me .

all the work i did was retracts and paint job am goin to try over the winter to build the second model
and see how i go

will post some pics of mossie soon