Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Noob radio question

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 04:55 AM
kiloas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob radio question

I recently purchased a ntc3 kit without a radio. From what I have been seeing is a radio in the 75mhz range would seem to be best, as I dont want to put out alot of money up front for this setup.

My question is, Do I need to be concerned with certain servo's being incompatible, and also is it possible to switch a crystal in a standard tx from the 75mhz to 27 to allow it to talk to my other cars? I appologize if this has been covered better in a FAQ I may have missed. If thats the case Please disregard and just reply with the FAQ.

Thanks guys
Old 12-06-2005, 06:09 AM
Infinite Gundam

Default RE: Noob radio question

I don't think there are any servos that are incompatible, however take note that futaba style plugs will not plug into non-futaba style receivers unless you trim the tab off the plugs. You can post which radio and servos you have decided upon, so others can affirm. 75MHz radios can only use 75MHz crystals, so you cannot use a 27MHz crystal with a 75MHz radio. Also, AM and FM crystals are not interchangeable.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Making2MuchMoney

and make sure if your buyying cristals make sure its the right frequency too
Old 12-06-2005, 05:48 PM
kiloas

Thanks for the help guys, I picked up a Jr XS3 so to cut down me having to buy a ton of crystals. I will probably upgrade the radios in my other cars after xmas when im not so broke. I picked it up for 142 including shipping.

Old 12-07-2005, 08:26 AM
Hoese37

I hope you dony have more than 3 cars, cause thats how many can be stored in a XS3
Old 12-07-2005, 09:28 AM
gerwen

I think you mean 6 cars. That's how much model memory the XS-3 has. Great radio.