Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

I'm hovering!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 12:03 AM
cvnhank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm hovering!

Hey everyone,
I have been flying my XRB and Horsefly since Thanksgiving (and some sim time). I have been reading much on this forum. Tonight I just bought the Sabre from Hobbypeople. I checked the paddles and the swash plate for level. On the first battery, I was just getting the feel of it. On the second battery, I took it off about one foot and hovered it. It was only for a few seconds. On the third battery (I have 3) I was hovering it in my livingroom for probably close to a minute. I'm waiting for the batteries to charge. Thanks to all of you who gave very valuable information for beginners. BTW I kept my Sabre low, when I felt like I was about to crash, I dropped the throttle. No damage so far. Thanks again, Hank
Old 12-31-2005, 01:10 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I'm hovering!

Hey CONGRATS Hank!
Keep up the good work!!!
Old 12-31-2005, 05:46 PM
cvnhank

Hi Everyone,
Happy New Year! I'm so excited about the Sabre. I just took off the training extensions and it flies so much smoother. I able to hover much more easily. It does take a lot of concentration, but I'm starting to get the "feel" of it. I will keep on practicing. This is a fun hobby. I caught the fever! Hank
Old 12-31-2005, 06:33 PM
jh4db536
My Feedback: (2)

if it werent raining right now id be flying....this sucky california storm isnt going to blow over until next week

i banned myself from flying my x400 in the house too lol.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:39 PM
reiffron

congradulations on the hovering, i just flew my first forward flight and a full circle around myself, i then landed and stoped to smoke a cigarette and let the ol neves settle. i must have looked pretty silly standing in a field by myself and laffing!! but what the hay i havent had that much fun since my first solo flight with a plank.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:41 PM
mantis*tw*

i used to fly my blade cp in the house till i saw what a radio glitch can do to your heli and walls(garage walls luckily or my wife would have killed me)
Old 01-01-2006, 12:46 AM
cvnhank

Reiffron,
Good job! I hope to do that soon.

Mantis,
What caused your radio glitch?
Hank