Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Twin Air kits

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 09:08 PM
rusgmil
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin Air kits

Just talked with John Merien at Northeast Aerodynamics Models and they have two size Twin Air kits now. The 20 size is for 20-25 2C engines, 58 in WS, 625 SQ IN wing, 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 lb. The 45 size is for 40-46 2c engines, 67 in WS, 812 SQ IN wing, 6 1/2 to 7 1/2. The 45 size is lazer cut. Check his web site at www.ne-aero.com. Think I'll get the 45 size.
Old 12-03-2002, 01:19 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Twin Air kits

Russ:

I got one the Twin-Air 45.

Nice. EXCELLENT WOOD!! Will be an easy build.

Looks like a simplified Duellist, longer tail moment, might be even fly better than the Duellist with a dead engine, and a Duellist is one of the best, if not the best with one dead.

We'll see.

A twin's the thing, a real fun fling.

Bill
Old 12-05-2002, 01:10 AM
kram-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin Air kits

I'm glad to hear they're still making Twin Airs. I've been flying two of them for about 7 years. They're much easier to fly and land than the Duellist, because they've got a much lower stall speed. With dihedral per instructions, they're excellent one-engine flyers, though I'm not much of one to mess around on one engine....I tend to just bring 'em around and down. And I can't comment on Duellist comparison, 'cause I've never done the one engine thing on it.

In my opinion, the Twin Air is an excellent first twin, and I would favor the 40 size, if only for visibility.

mt