Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

30% toc yak 54 with zdzsuper 80 ???

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

30% toc yak 54 with zdzsuper 80 ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 06:43 PM
raimondi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30% toc yak 54 with zdzsuper 80 ???

Hello guys,I just got a 30% toc yak with a ZDZ super 80. The reason I got this engine for this plane is because I fly at a field thats 5000ft high,and I didn´t want to take the risk of geting a DA 50 and having lackof power for 3D and hover pull outs at this altitude ¡ I saw a video of this plane with a 3W 50 and it flew very well,and sinse the ZDZ super 80 weigths about the same as the 3w 50 I thougth wing loading is not going to be a concern ¡ The plane hasn`t arrived jet, I live down in Venezuela and I have to travel up to Miami to pick it up. If any one has any experiense with these plane and can give me some tips a would apresiate it. I got Hitecs 5645´s for the ailerons and elevators, and a 333oz for the rudder..........
Old 01-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Banche

Default RE: 30% toc yak 54 with zdzsuper 80 ???

I think as long as you reinforce the firewall and engine box well it should be a wonderful plane.

It is very strong.

All You need to do is reinforce the elevator servo mounts a little bit, and the canopy screw latch thingies and dowels........

I used to have 5645's and then I switched to 5945's.

The difference was very pronounced and it was amazing how much more snappy and responsive the plane was. Like it was on rails.

Of any investment you will make, the 5945's would be the best one but other than that the engine sounds great.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:16 PM
raimondi

Thanks for the reply.What engine do you have on yours, and how does the airplane fly? Is it a god 3Der?
Old 01-23-2006, 10:21 PM
greyhound man
My Feedback: (5)

I think that it will be a little heavy with the 80 it weighs 70 oz bare + muffler + spark plug + ignition + standoffs. it will probably be a hovering machine and blast out of a hover with power to spare. but that being said if i had the 80 sitting around and an airframe that needs a power plant I would probably slap them together too. also you will probably need to invest in some 3 blade props, ground clearance starts becoming an issue with props over 24"