Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

throttle servo issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 04:28 PM
nitromustang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle servo issues

Ok i've got an hpi rs4 3 that im having throttle servo issues with.The car is not brand new,it is about 2 months old.Everytime i apply the brake it takes the throttle horn with it,which closes the carb completely everytime.What is wrong with this thing?

Thanks
Mike
Old 01-23-2006, 08:48 AM
gerwen

Default RE: throttle servo issues

You probably need to set your Idle stop correctly. Should be a tiny screw on the side of the carb. With the car radio off and engine not running, take your air filter off. (Make sure not to let any dirt or junk fall in)
Look down the barrel of the carb. When you move the linkage to apply brake, does the carb close completely? If so, open the carb a bit, and turn the idle stop clockwise a turn or two. Close the carb and see if it leaves a gap.

Keep doing this until when you apply the brake, you still have a 1-2mm gap left open on the carb.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:32 AM
thenewguy821
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: throttle servo issues

Also, you may have the throttle trim slightly off as well. When the Throttle trigger is at neutral, the carb slide should be resting against the idle stop. Set your trim to make sure the throttle linkage is putting no pressure to open the carb ( I like to have a very small gap between the servo arm and the set screw), THEN set your Idle accordingly. After the trim is set, and the idle adjusted, press the trigger to full brake, and make sure the engine doesn't cut out. I had the same problem with a Savage, and almost pulled out my hair trying to figure it out.

Good luck