Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

WM T-34 Pushrods?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

WM T-34 Pushrods?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 03:27 PM
RC_Fanatic
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WM T-34 Pushrods?

I've built many World Models planes but have never had the problems I'm having with their 40-size T-34. The latest problem is the pushrod exits. The plane has one exit under the stab on the left hand side and one over the stab on the right side. The elevator servo is on the right side, the rudder on the left. The rudder needs to be driven above the stab as it does not project below it.

The illustration in the book seems to show both pushrods exiting above the stab, elevator on the left, rudder on the right (which sounds like the pushrods cross!) but there is a cutout above the stab on only one side.

Can someone help clear this up! I'm desperate!
Old 02-04-2006, 05:11 PM
TideFlyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WM T-34 Pushrods?

There were cut outs above the stab on both sides on my T-34. I don`t know if perhaps WM has changed the design(?). Both rudder and elevator push rods exit ABOVE the stab. That`s also what the instructions show.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:35 PM
RC_Fanatic

Thanks. I agree with you on the instructions showing both above the stab. However, there is no cutout in the fuselage above the stab on the left side, just one under the stab. Guess I'll need to hack into it!

BTW, when did you get yours? I got mine a few months ago and have been amazed at how many things were wrong with it. The part of the main gear legs that fit in the grooved block in the wing was too short, the nose-gear holes in the motor mount were too small, the wing had burn marks in the covering, the pushrod dowels were way too soft...
Old 02-05-2006, 09:57 AM
aghost
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got my WM T-34 last July. Both pushrod exits are above the horizontal stab. I have the left servo going to the left cutout to the rudder (looking down on the top of the plane). I have had several WM T-34 and P-51 .46 over the last ten years. Quality has sure been better than your latest. Hope it is not a trend.

Brian
Old 02-05-2006, 01:02 PM
RC_Fanatic

Thanks! Guess its time to hack into it!
Old 02-05-2006, 02:22 PM
cruzomatic
My Feedback: (17)

Oh My God. I'm just about to hit the "buy" icon on this plane after debating over it for months, and now this thread pops up???@$#%$&%*. [X(]

Old 02-05-2006, 04:21 PM
TideFlyer

Murray, I got my T-34 a while back, close to 3 years ago. No, I didn`t find anyhing of note wrong with the workmanship. One thing that has been reported upon, and I found it to be so with mine, is that you`ll have to hog out the front of the wing hold down to allow enough room for the aileron torque rods to have sufficient play. It`s no biggie, a dremel can do it quickly. I hope WM`s not slipping. As you know, the T-34 specifically and WM in general get excellent reviews. Not trying to sound condescending at all, but be sure and look REAL hard for that slot above the stab. I remember it being a little hard to find under the covering
Old 02-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Don't worry about it ,its a good second plane, what they are talking about is no big deal at all.

ORIGINAL: cruzomatic

Oh My God. I'm just about to hit the "buy" icon on this plane after debating over it for months, and now this thread pops up???@$#%$&%*. [X(]

Old 02-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Johnegpf

I got the Mentor as a second model back in Septemeber and I LOVE it very crisp and easy flyer, really like the way it feels in turns.
Looks great and mine seems very well made , nice strong model.

John
Old 02-05-2006, 05:33 PM
cruzomatic
My Feedback: (17)

I'm looking at it as my 15th plane or so, but who's counting other than my wife? Was looking for a home for an evolution .46NT and figured the WM T-34 would be a nice match.

Man, talking about yelling FIRE in a crowded theater.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:55 PM
TideFlyer

Sounds to me like he just kind of drew the short straw. I`d go ahead and get one. I believe Quantum Hobbies carries WM. If it`s not up to snuff, I`d bet they`d take it back and either send you another or give you a refund. Might not hurt to all first and verify their return policy. That Evo 46 ought to be great, by the way. Have an OS 46fx on mine and it`s perfect IMHO.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:14 PM
RC_Fanatic

TideFlyer -- By looking through the stab slot, I can see from the inside that there are only the two pushrod exits that I found -- one above the stab on the right side and one below on the left. Thanks for the tip on the aileron linkage clearance issue. It is certainly a problem on mine.

Cruzomatic -- Not to worry. I still think that World Models makes some of the best ARF's, certainly for the price. I would not hesitate to buy another. The reason I questioned it is that WM is generally trouble free. I agree with TideFlyer -- I just got a bad one.