Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Help with Savage X!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 01:10 PM
reflexsa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Savage X!!!!!

Hi people, first time posting here...

I currently own a revo. Fast, but it likes to break random things, A arm? no crashes. Anyway thinking of selling it and getting a savage X. Is it as good as previous savages, like the limited edition? My friend owns a limited edition with a 4.6, pretty fast pretty strong (revo faster) but anyway I was just wondering if it would be worth my while getting a this new savage. Nylon rollbar any good, friend folded his alluminium one, makes me worry.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2006, 01:14 PM
NewatRC

Default RE: Help with Savage X!!!!!

I know that you are asking about the Savage X... but I have a 25 and it is great... I can't tell you how many times I have fliped it, rolled it, flooded it, landed upside down.... you get the point. Completly outlasts my friends TMaxx. If you are concerned about speed, you can always through in a newer/bigger motor.. ;-)
Old 03-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Ziggmiester

Welcome to the boards. The Savage X has a new design in the chassis. It has minor tweaks over the Savage 25 and is allegedy easier to work on. The LE is no longer in production, but you could find it. The LE will most likely go faster due to having a 3 speed. I have the Savage 25 and it's a blast, so you can't go wrong with either of the Savages.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:03 PM
dracy69
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: reflexsa

Hi people, first time posting here...

I currently own a revo. Fast, but it likes to break random things, A arm? no crashes. Anyway thinking of selling it and getting a savage X. Is it as good as previous savages, like the limited edition? My friend owns a limited edition with a 4.6, pretty fast pretty strong (revo faster) but anyway I was just wondering if it would be worth my while getting a this new savage. Nylon rollbar any good, friend folded his alluminium one, makes me worry.

Thanks
well if your having trouble with the revo and you can get the money for it, go ahead....ive only heard good about the savage x on other forums....the tyruck should be as god as previous savages just with the new mods (quite a bit actually) you can get the truck as fast as a revo if you put the money into bu remember this truck wont handle as good or be as fast, it should make you happy in the durability and reliability departments.