Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Wheels, tires & Body for RC10GT Plus

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 03:06 PM
jkinosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels, tires & Body for RC10GT Plus

I am going to be getting a RC10GT Plus RTR for christmas, and would like to know what wheels and tires are good for all purpuse bashing, will probably be running on a mis of concrete, asphalt, grass and dirt (Local School yard).

Also wondering who makes good bodies got this truck. I understand from so reading that this truck has a little longer chassis that some of the other RC10 trucks, and want to be sure that to bodies that I buy will fit so I am not trying to return them, or anything like that. I was looking at the Cyber Bugsy from Dahm's Racing bodies. I just think it looks kowl, and reminds me of the first ever real car I helped work on, an '73 VW Super Beetle.

Thanks for your help, you guys have given some great answers to questions in the past and I know you guys will give the the quality informations that I have seen all over this board.

Thanks again,

Jacob
Old 12-11-2002, 03:11 PM
ptv99jgc

I have done some experimenting with the tire question. I have used the stock tires, road only, and serious knobbies. The BEST all around tire I have found is the Gladiator by pro line. It is a soft rubber compund, but does not wear fast on pavement. with a medium to so soft foam insert, it is the greatest.

I moved the stock rear rubber to some front rims and have been pleased with them as front tires.

Best of luck, it is a great truck.

Paul
Old 12-11-2002, 03:23 PM
jkinosh

How are the Pro-line Dirt Hawg II tires. would you use these on the front and back, or just the back?
Old 12-11-2002, 05:28 PM
ptv99jgc

I think my dirt only ones were Gator by Pro line. That is off memory though. If you think about what a tire does, it transfers the motor power to the ground. You want as much surface contact with the ground as you can, while getting to the part of the ground that will let you go. The dirt only ones I have, only make contact with about 6-10 points at any one time. They will break away on pavement too easily.
You will wear out tires with this car, so if you like to Dirt hawgs, get them till they wear out. If you liked them, get some more.
They look like they would be fairly good as front tires, and probably rear too. I will replace the front before too long as they got fairly bare while serving as rear tires.

Paul