Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

35cc gasser mixing ratio ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 01:16 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Default 35cc gasser mixing ratio ??

I want to go with BellRay MC1 at 50 to 1,,,

but the last I heard MVVS recommended not to mix thinner than 40 to 1 for their 35cc gasser,,

is it OK to run 50 to 1,,, or not ????

Jim
Old 04-18-2006, 01:50 PM
DarZeelon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 35cc gasser mixing ratio ??

Jim,

MVVS have not changed the requirement for oil, in their gas engines.

If that Bellray oil has a JASO FC rating, or better, it can be mixed at 40:1, but no thinner.

33:1 will not foul your spark plug and it is even better for the engine.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:42 PM
pe reivers

Jim,
MC1 cannot be mixed at the required ratio of 40:1. You will have to use HR1 which mixes at 25:1 to 50:1.
For power, racers use 25:1. This will not foul the plug in a well tuned engine.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:11 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

OK thanks,,, no MC1 for the 35cc!!,,,

I only have a little more than 2 gallons on this motor,, I have been using 89 octane with H1R from the start, at 32 to 1 on the first 2 gallons and 40 to 1 on the 3rd gallon,,, at 40 to 1 I can still see oil on the piston if I remove the muffler after a flight, the motor was tuned for flight at 190 RPM's (7400) under the peak RPM (7590), and after the flights the plug was glossy black so I know it's not tuned to lean (prop was a Zinger 20x8 pro),,, I just wanted to try MC1 because it has been said motor's run hotter with H1R,,,

my motor is still hard to start but once my motor start's it run's fantastic, I have tried 3 carbs and I still have to flip it 50 or 60 times before it will start, this little 35cc has more compression than my friend BME 105 and G62, so I'm going to try 94 octane this spring hoping it will start better,,

any other oil recommendations ??

Jim
Old 04-18-2006, 05:06 PM
pe reivers

If the plug is black, you run the engine too rich. Tune the needle a bit leaner until the plug gets brown.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:51 AM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wasp:

For what it's worth, I raced 2-stroke motorcycles for years. In 1985 I went to the Worlds Old timmers (over 40) championship in Mammouth Lake, Ca with a 250cc bike running against 400 other guys all on 4-500cc bikes. Over two days of racing 3 heats per day 30 min. each, I won overall in the expert class. Mammouth is at 7,000 feet altitude, so another power robbing situation. With 50 bikes on the line for each race, my worst start at the top of the hill was 10th, usually 2nd to 5th. In the same year went to the vet (over 30) nationals and would have won that except for a flat front tire in the last race. Then went go-carting as the bike speeds we were running in order to win scared me! First year won the West Coast Nationals, almost again the next year. With all that BS being said, having power on tap and reliability was and is a must in that type of 2 stroke racing. I ran my motors on the oil type and ratios recommended by the manufacturer. Who knows more about their engines that those that build them. As it turned out, the ratio used was 32/1, I used Yammalube R, never in 15 years of raceing had a engine failure, had a spark plug foul once, was in there a long time! A lot of guys tried 50/1 Bell ray etc., hot fueles and other mixes looking for a edge. The real edge they missed was having the engine running to the top of manufacturer specs, timming, proper break in, condition at the time of race. The racer always has to supply the skill and guts needed to complete the job. The mind game is always there. If the other guys think they can not beat you, they simply can't. How you get them to that point is up to the racer. ENJOY