Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

OS 320 PEGASUS 4STROKE-4CYLINDER

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

OS 320 PEGASUS 4STROKE-4CYLINDER

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 12:51 AM
Barrrick
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 320 PEGASUS 4STROKE-4CYLINDER

I have in use a 1/3 J-3 Piper Cub, and I am not really too happy with the power supply which is a ZENOAH G-62..... Because I try to get as close as possible to the "real" effect of the Piper, excessive power just isn't right. So, I am seriously considering changing the G-62 for the OS PEGASUS, which also gives the "CORRECT SOUND" (ever heard it ? its unbelievable ! )...I have previously experienced the original PEGASUS which was, if I remember correctly closer to 2. or maybe even 1.6....this was on the Byron HUSKY which is a 1/4 scaler, and on that model the power and the sound were as perfect as one can expect for any model aircraft.
I am hoping, with this post, to read from somebody who has experienced this motor, and for commentaries on how well is it suited to this 1/3 CUB.
RICK

I SMILE, (it makes them wonder what I'm UP to ! )
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	41596_17141.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	26132  
Old 12-20-2002, 04:05 AM
cublover
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well ill tell ya.....if you want to see what that motor will do for ya in That plane,,,let me know,,ill send you video,,,a dear friend thats is really sick put one in his,, on floats....the power,,,,AWSOME...we flew it at lake almonor this last summer and it was *****in...if you got a chance to get one...get it,,,you wont be disapointed...e-mail me if you want a copy of it....
Old 12-20-2002, 06:26 AM
Jack Devine
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OS Pegasus 320

The Pegasus is one of the smoothest running engines out there.
Mine has C&H ignition on it and purrs like a kitten at idle and has really good power at high RPM. The throttle transition is great and the only complaint I have is thatthis thing is a thursty beast.
It can drink 24 oz of fuel in about 10 minutes but has one of the best model engine sounds out there. Keep the valves adjusted and keep the carb clean and you should get great service out of you motor. Use a fuel with GOOD oil. This thing has bearings everywhere and all of them are hungry for oil.

Jack Devine
Old 12-21-2002, 12:10 AM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

Default Re: OS 320 PEGASUS 4stroke-4 cylinder

Originally posted by Barrrick
I have in use a 1/3 J-3 Piper Cub, and I am not really too happy with the power supply which is a ZENOAH G-62..... Because I try to get as close as possible to the "real" effect of the Piper, excessive power just isn't right. So, I am seriously considering changing the G-62 for the OS PEGASUS, which also gives the "CORRECT SOUND" (ever heard it ? its unbelievable ! )...I have previously experienced the original PEGASUS which was, if I remember correctly closer to 2. or maybe even 1.6....this was on the Byron HUSKY which is a 1/4 scaler, and on that model the power and the sound were as perfect as one can expect for any model aircraft.
I am hoping, with this post, to read from somebody who has experienced this motor, and for commentaries on how well is it suited to this 1/3 CUB.
RICK

I SMILE, (it makes them wonder what I'm UP to ! )
A friend of mine has the Pegassus in 1/3 scale Super Cub. no lack of power either.

I had a Saito 270 with ignition on a Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub, and it had loads of power for this airplane.

Remember Nelitz was the first one to build a 1/3 scale cub and at 30 pounds, he used a Quadra 35 and had no problems. I saw him do Cub style aerobatics with it. Very scale.
Old 12-24-2002, 03:38 PM
Barrrick
My Feedback: (2)

THANKS to all three of my replying gentlemen. I took your positive commentaries at face value and actually placed my order for the PEGASUS ! I will begin taking down the G-62 (which will go on the 1/3 Sopwith Pup), installing the ROBART Cub Landing Gear and setting up a 50 oz. tank......
THANKS AGAIN
RICK
Old 12-24-2002, 03:44 PM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

Originally posted by Barrrick
THANKS to all three of my replying gentlemen. I took your positive commentaries at face value and actually placed my order for the PEGASUS ! I will begin taking down the G-62 (which will go on the 1/3 Sopwith Pup), installing the ROBART Cub Landing Gear and setting up a 50 oz. tank......
THANKS AGAIN
RICK
You will not regret it.