Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

x or LE

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 05:37 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: x or LE

I've never wanted a Revo(maybe you're confusing me with half the other people on this HPI forum or in the Savage X thread..) I simply want a second MT that's solid, big, has a bit more performance than my stock Savage 25, and reliable out of the box. That's all.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:18 AM
pulse213

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never wanted a Revo
A few weeks ago you wanted an LST2.

maybe you're confusing me with half the other people on this HPI forum or in the Savage X thread
They're just jealous! LOL
A lot of people run revos and savvys (nothing wrong with that),some like to give us a hard time about how fast the new 3.3 is (can't argue there),others have an agenda and just like to stir up trouble (to those I say )

I simply want a second MT that's solid, big, has a bit more performance than my stock Savage 25, and reliable out of the box. That's all.
You already have one of those,but your too darned stubborn to accept it. You have an axial .28 that will fit the thing,she'd be bad-arss. Mine with the mach .28 is a blast. Follow a little advise on the boards here as well as the other board you frequent,and you'll have a good truck. Just don't head out there trying to break it,just so you can video tape how right you were and set it on fire. It will handle the abuse,if you set it up right. But, expect something will break,they all do.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:59 AM
HerrSavage

I ruled out the LST2 based on my visits to other forums and threads. A great racer I'm sure - maybe the best, but as with all these things, you have to really know what you want and what you want to do with it. What I want is a truck you can take out of the box and bash and have it stay in one (and no I'm not talking about carelessly launching if off bulidings or that kind of thing - just attempting backflips, going for big air at WOT when the opportunity arises, - that kind of thing.. And to feel confident doing it..) Apparently, the LST2 just doesn't fit that bill. I'm a Savage guy for life because of how good my Savage 25 has been - and maybe just too spoiled. I'm almost through gallon three, and all I've had to do is change the OWB (recently). I want whatever I get to go two gallons without problems.. Maybe I was just lucky with my 25.... Maybe Eueopean Savages come from different batches than American ones - I don't know. But for the money these things cost, I don't think my expectations are too high.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:23 AM
chubbysuncle

I think that maybe that Bash outta the Box M/T you're describing is the one that fate won't let you sell. You just described my X although I've never run any other Savage for a comparison of greater performance.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:37 AM
HerrSavage

I've had the thing for like four months now(and before you get on my case too much, there simply hasn't been good enough weather this year to drive much - been out three times with my other Savage.. FYI I'm getting ready to go out - wearing a sweater - no joke... A sweater, in June...), and every time I go look at it kind of hoping my impression will change, well, it doesn't. But we don't need to go into all that again.. Maybe you're right and my criticism of the X is more subjective than objective - but as I've already said - I won't criticize it anymore - and we'll see what kind of verdict about the X evolves in the next months. What I'm going to do with mine I have no idea...

The point that's relevant to this thread though is that the verdict is already there for the LE - and it's basically proven. It's a VERY good if not the BEST stock basher ever. The only disadvantage is having to take it all apart when you have to redo your diffs..(hardly a major disadvantage though considering how tough it is READY TO GO..) Besides that it's as SOLID as a 1/8 RTR MT can be. The verdict is still out on the X though - I think even you X guys can admit that - to some extent..
Old 06-04-2006, 09:07 AM
pulse213

The verdict is still out on the X though - I think even you X guys can admit that - to some extent..
It may still be out for you,since you haven't put it thru it's paces yet. But, for many of us,it's proven itself already. Many of us have more gallons thru our X's than you do your 25. Get out there and have fun with it. Just remember setting it up,that it is the new entry level savage. To make it do everything you see in some of these videos will take some upgrades. Otherwise out of the box and a few pre-run tweaks,it's as good a basher as anything on the market.

If you want the best of both worlds,it doesn't take that much to mod it out like an LE. Mine is already pass that point. A guy can also build your own with the SS X kit,when they hit the streets soon.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:30 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: C Jar

my lhs has 1 savage LE in stock, should i get the LE or the X? im worried about the x's supposed problems, and i like the features of the LE. this will be my first rc, and i don't plan on racing.
Get the LE. It is the best RTR Savage HPI has built. It's built on a proven design and you'll fall in love with that 3spd trans. When I built my Savage up, I used the LE as it's model.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:35 AM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: poe

it also has th 3 speed, but from what i have heard it doesnt make a huge difference.
Not even close to being accurate. The 3spd is THE best mod anyone with a Savage can buy next to throwing the stock air filter and pipe away. The trans is that good. A 10% lower first gear for all the wheelies you can stand, a closer 2nd gear ratio for better acceleration and a 10% taller 3rd gear for more top end. You can keep your 2spd trans thank you. Those that say the 3spd doesn't make all that much of a difference do not have one.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:41 AM
black mamba

As you can see, the 3spd is all that. You're not going to be able to pull wheelies like this with a .25 and a 2spd.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:51 PM
BigBoyLST

nice pics.....