Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New to RC ... Problem with car

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 05:32 PM
s2k_pikestyle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to RC ... Problem with car

Hello all. I have a RS4 Nitro and im not sure of hte model, but its a 2 speed. I am having a problem that i cant seem to fix. I broke a spur gear so i had to replace it. Since i have done that, i am having a problem wtih the car. It drives fine until i hit full throttle. At that point, the car will not go straight any longer. It goes off to one side like the front wheels just arnt spinning like they should. Also, when i pick the car up, and give it gas, only the rear wheels spin. Its an AWD car. When i just roll the car, everything moves fine and all belts seem to turn. What should i check to fix this problem? Thanks ,

Derek
Old 06-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Philster

Default RE: New to RC ... Problem with car

You probably lost, or left out, a smal pin or set screw.

You are going to have to get out the manual and look over the part/area you were working on. Little 1/4" pins and tiny little set screws can be lost w/out you even knowing it. If one connected the center drive forward to the shaft or axle, then power won't be trransmitted forward.

You are gonna have to look over the manual and compare the parts with the parts in the area you worked on. It is most likely one of these small parts. People lose them all the time, then notice a wheel or shaft isn't turning. You be surprised to see such little parts that fit so loosely are all that is need to connect the tranny to the rest of the drive train.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:05 PM
BCBasher

Default RE: New to RC ... Problem with car

I have nitro rs4 2 1 speed but it should be similar see the pully on the same shaft as the spur gear on the right side of the car, you would have had to have removed that right? There is a dowel (little silver pin) through the shaft that locks into a slot in the back of the pulley its probably missing.