Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

used T-Maxx vs. used Ofna Ultra LX Comp

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
T-Maxx
33.33%
Ofna buggy w/.26
66.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

used T-Maxx vs. used Ofna Ultra LX Comp

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 02:14 PM
TBen-01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default used T-Maxx vs. used Ofna Ultra LX Comp

for my first nitro R/C? I want to get in cheap, and these are my two choices on the "used" shelf of my LHS.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Rob6

Default RE: used T-Maxx vs. used Ofna Ultra LX Comp

Ofna all the way! Your not going to have problems with the tranny like the t-maxx and a GOOD engine. You don't have to brake it in..... I would go for the Ofna buggy.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:12 PM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

My opinion is to hit the ofna up as well. A Tmaxx is a fun truck but RTR or not, it requires a lot of maintenance to keep up and running the right way.

And 1/8 scale Ofna buggy while not the best of the best of buggies is bullet proof. You will enjoy it a lot.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:02 AM
TBen-01

thanks, I was kinda leaning that way. Just looking at them side by each, the Ofna looks so substantial and solid, while the Traxxas just looks tiny and plastic.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:05 PM
cman9toes

What do you want to do, where are you driving it, cost on each, upgrades???
Come on and give us details. More than likely the buggy, but if you are bashing in a gravel pit or empty lot/construction area them I say Tmaxx.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:12 PM
TBen-01

the price on each is $350 CDN RTR. I'm just going to bash for now, so I want something tough. The tmaxx looks pretty weak compared to the buggy, but I know the aftermarket is there for the maxx. ...and I might want to race sometime in the future...and the maxx has the pro.15 engine (I think)
Old 06-07-2006, 06:27 PM
cman9toes

If your bashing area is fairly tame go for the buggy. Does the hobby shop have a track? Ask to test drive them. They are two different beasts completely. If the maxx has the pro .15 on it then it is a really old maxx. I would steer away from it.

Terrian is the big determiner for me. If you have rough stuff, maxx, fair ground with plans of big jumps, street driving, buggy
Old 06-07-2006, 08:14 PM
R/C fan-addict

I just did a currency conversion and 350 CAN is $315 US. $315 for a used ancient maxx is a complete rip off and the ofna is now discontinued on tower but if you hit the possibly substitutions button you can sometimes get the price and it costs $315 brand new. Unless either of the cars have tons of upgrades on em both cars are ripoffs. If you could find out how much aftermarket stuff these cars have I think we can give a more accurate opinion. Basically unless the car has $200+ in hop ups don't buy it!
Old 06-09-2006, 05:48 PM
cman9toes

Old Maxx is definity not a choice at that price. And you can get a brand new Ultra LX Comp 2 for $269us at tower. Here is the link
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLTL4&P=0
That is the way to go.
For $350can you should be able to buy all the extra's too. Or for $319us you can get the MBX
If you have to stay In that price range pick up the buggy from Tower. Plus $25 off $200 or more, so you could get the Ultra for $245 us. Now that is a deal! Plus it is new.