Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Help with foam tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 01:25 PM
taz77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with foam tires

A little introduction;
I'm pretty new at r/c, only been into it for the last few months, racing with friends at a school playground. I have an electric TC3 that I've been tweaking little by little seeing how different parts changes the characteristics of the car... sway bars, different spring rates, alignment settings, etc.

I've decided to switch from rubber tires to foam and see how they work, so I picked up 2 pairs of Jaco tires for 1/10 onroad touring cars (JAC2125, JAC2129) at a somewhat local hobby store. When I took it home, I saw that the wheels were different than what I currently have. They do not have the hex "hole" on the inside of the wheels to mount to my car. I can probably figure a way to get them to work, but I was wondering if there is supposed to be an adapter I will need to mount the Jaco tires/wheels onto my electric TC3... Or did I just pick up the wrong set of 1/10 tires/wheels?
Old 07-02-2006, 04:21 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help with foam tires

Strange [&:] got a picture? You may need adaptors for them - is there any other type of fitting on the wheel itself (holes or anything similar?)
Old 07-02-2006, 10:36 PM
taz77

I don't have the actual picture yet, but I can try to get some up soon.
As far as the front goes, this is what one set looks like.

The second set does not have those splines in the hole of the wheel, but it does have a ledge midway into the hole... like it was made for a bearing to fit in on either side of the ledge.

Both looks the same in the back of the wheel... like an open cylinder sticking out of the back of the wheel, instead of a hollow hex hole in my current wheels on the TC3.

I'll try to get pics up soon if it'll help.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:38 AM
taz77

Ok, pics up

1st set of wheels

2nd set of wheels