Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Common glitching on RS4 evo & 18ss

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 09:54 PM
tablist56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Common glitching on RS4 evo & 18ss

is glitching a common problem on the rs4 rtr evo or 18ss?

because all my wiring is bundled up and packed up in the removable electrics housing/box or whatever its called, i get really bad glitching.

sometimes my throttle servo will glitch and blip the throttle all the way which is REALLLY bad if i have just started the car cold.
either that or my steering servo or throttle servo (usually throttle) will just go haywire for a few secs. not so bad on a electric car but can be disastrous on a nitro engine.
i have a failsafe which will activate the brake on signal loss with the transmitter but this glitching is not really a signal loss more a malfunction so the failsafe isnt activated in this case. how does everyone else deal with this problem?

what are peoples opinions on this? i cant see any other rs4 evo or 18ss being any different?
Old 07-04-2006, 10:07 PM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Common glitching on RS4 evo & 18ss

the model of the car doesnt really effect it, and glitching is a problem caused by other random radio frequencies near the one you are using which send random orders to the servos, a failsafe should prevent this, if not, something is wrong, what kinda failsafe do you have?
Old 07-05-2006, 01:53 AM
tablist56

its a CEN one. a small silver one. its designed to engage when the reciever batteries drop below a certain voltage or when the reciever loses signal with the transmitter.

a servo which behaves erratically due to glitching hasnt really lost full communication with the reciever which is why the failsafe doesnt engage.

i only got one thin strip of double sided tape holding my reciever down. its about 1mm thick. should i triple that up so its nice and thick? what else could i do?

thanks again apollo!!! u r a champion!!! (and the only one who seems to help newbs i might add!!!) lol
Old 07-05-2006, 10:28 AM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

usually a failsafes job is to provide a barrier between random radio signals and your transmitters signal, so even with glitching, you should still remain under control (if im correct which i may not be) i would just put new batts in the rx pack and see if the problem keep repeating itself, i have a venom smart temp which is like a million things in one but one of those things is a failsafe, and ocasionally i'll move where it doesnt get signal and it will just slam on the brakes so i know its working (but then agian if i only turn the RX on it twitches all around) and yes i would get some servo tape or something to hold it on there good, i use strong velcro, it can take it off when i need to and it stays on no matter how hard i drive
Old 07-05-2006, 05:04 PM
nitromustang

A fail safe only is effective if the signal between the tx and the rx is lost,it doesnt reduce any interference,

The glitching can be from a number of things,the first thing I would do is swap out,or recharge the rx and tx batteries if you haven't already.Then I would take the reciever off and inspect the antenna wire very well,for an defects on the wire.Any kind of a frey in the wire can cause interference.If there is anything replace it,just make the sure the lenght is the exact same.Next if the antenna checks ok,I would take the car apart and check EVERYTHING for and kind of metal to metal contact vibration,which also causes interference.Then next thing I would change out is the crystals.If you do all of those and it still glitches,likely the reciever is bad.

Mike