Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

HPI Savage .25 slipper clutch problem?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 07:28 PM
.CaPpEd-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Savage .25 slipper clutch problem?

Im still new to the rc world and i have recently just started running my savage that i winterized a few months back and am now gaining more and more interst in the rc world since ive been reading in depth the rc driver magazine i just recently subscribed to. since running the new savage i havnt been able to get the slipper clutch set properly and i was hoping that people that have had problems with this also would have some advice to my problems or some way to help me set it right so i dont go through so many stock savage 49t spur gears. much help would be appreciated.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:44 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI Savage .25 slipper clutch problem?

If the slipper clutch causes excessive slipping, simply tighten the spur nut. As you continue to run your Savage, the spur nut setting from the box will no longer be sufficient due to normal wear. The wear is minimal, but it does not take much wear to cause the slipper clutch to begin to slip excessively. After runing 6+gallons through one Savage, I now have to tighten the spur nut all the way and looses it only a quarter tun.

Once the spur gear begins to slip when the nut is fully tightened, its time to replace the spur gear; the sticker slipper pad on its back is no longer grippping the clutch plate effectively. Fortunately, spur gears are really cheap. They cost less than $5 online at most stores (this includes shipping costs).