Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Gear box question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 11:35 PM
jpolidore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear box question.

I am curious how do ya'll know when your cases (bulkheads) are worn out? I stripped a front diff about 1 gallon ago and stripped the front again today. When I tear it down how can I see if the case is worn out? I am also gonna upgrade to aluminum cups since I am tearing it down, any suggestions on what ya'll had to shim? Just the pinion or the side also? And what is the best cup to buy? In your opinion?
Old 07-30-2006, 12:12 AM
Chronic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gear box question.

I would just run the Nova cup. There might be better ones out there, but they cost more and how good do they really need to be as long as the dimensions are correct. Mine fit better than the stock diff so no extra shimming here, but I've only done the rear so far. The Nova cups come with what appear to be crappy screws. I ordered a few longer and better quality ones from a local industrial supply house to replace the ones that Nova provides since I didn't want to risk shearing them off in the cup. I imagine that could cause some carnage.