Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

BME 110 or DA 100

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 11:09 PM
RVBlack
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BME 110 or DA 100

The BME will fit in the cowl, the DA will fit if I cut about a three inch hole in the side of the cowl (maybe on both sides) Will the BME have the power and the reliability as the DA ? What would you guys do ??
Old 08-01-2006, 12:08 AM
Vic3D
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: BME 110 or DA 100

Between those two, definitely a DA-100. They're close in power, smome say DA has more power. Service and reliability DEFINITELY DA hands down. No reason why not to go DA. Now what would I do? I would strap a 3W-106 in it. It's the most powerful, most reliable, and if you get it on sale at Aircraft International right now, you're gonna some of the best service around. Good luck buddy!

Vic
Old 08-01-2006, 12:10 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've seen both and others in operation. The 110 has incredible power for as small as it is, enough for me to be waiting for it's slightly larger brother to make an appearance. The DA is a great engine, but as you have noted is larger, but also has good power and a known excellent level of available service if needed. Needless to say there are a lot more of the DA in circulation than the BME, but my vote would go with the 110 if I had your working conditions.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:22 AM
amjflyer

Personally id rather put in an engine that fits than cut holes in my cowl
Old 08-01-2006, 03:05 PM
RTK

BME, DA, 3W, ZDZ are all good engines. I doubt anyone can beat DA's service level, but in the past BME has been good to me also with a turn around of about 9 days.
The 3W 106 and BME 110 have more power than the DA no doubt, but the BME is about 2 lbs lighter than both.
Reliability, I feel is mainly due to the operators knowledge or lack of it and I would not put one a head of the other.
Lighter always flies better.

Oh, by the way, the 110 will be replaced by a 115 so I doubt you can still order them. But do not quote me on this.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:13 PM
RVBlack
My Feedback: (27)

Thanks for all the info. When I click contact on BME's web site it refers me to Dons Hobby Shop in Kansas, how does one talk to BME directly? And who else is a dealer for BME?
Old 08-01-2006, 05:50 PM
RTK

Don's is the only one in the USA at this time that handles both sales and technical support. (I believe) I would give them a call, he is one heck of a nice and knowledgeable guy. I have purchased from Dons hobby many times and it has always been a great experience.

ORIGINAL: RV Black

Thanks for all the info. When I click contact on BME's web site it refers me to Dons Hobby Shop in Kansas, how does one talk to BME directly? And who else is a dealer for BME?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only way to get a handle on what's in and about Dons' Hobby Shop is to call them. About 60% or more of what the carry is not listed in the very strange to navigate web site is not noted. Attempts to find what you want based upon their ads by going to the website will only leave you frustrated. Plus, a lot of pricing will only be provided over the phone because it's lower than some manufacturer/distributors want to see advertised. If you place an order with them ask for a full and complete catalog to go along with the order.