Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Vector Flight Edge 540 Stall Issues

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Vector Flight Edge 540 Stall Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Propwash in Pa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vector Flight Edge 540 Stall Issues

I have been flying a Vector Flight Edge 540 w/ 4-stroke 91. The plane seems to stall VERY easily, even as high speed if just a little too much elevator is added. Stalls are in the form of a pretty hard snap roll. The CG is currently set to be slightly nose heavy. Plane is not enjoyable to fly because of the limitation due to this problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Still Have 10
Old 08-11-2006, 10:33 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Vector Flight Edge 540 Stall Issues

Propwash,

This is going to sound very strange but use no more than 3/8th's of an inch elevator in either direction. Anything more causes the plane to tip stall. Beleive me, that little bit of movement is way more than you need. All of their planes were like that due to the foam/sheeted wing being so efficent.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:44 PM
nitromancer
My Feedback: (4)

I have no direct experience with the vector edge but I've gotten the impression from reading here that it is HEAVY. My Midwest Sukhoi is like that but like Bubbagates says you need no more than 3/8" of throw. Vector's is no 3D machine from what I hear. I have Pacific Aero 60/100 Edge that won't stall for ****.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:47 PM
rcfury
My Feedback: (5)

I can agree with bubbagates on what he said. What the manual says to use for high rates is what need to use. I have had the same issue with mine and all in all was due to, too much deflection. After i decreased the rates and reset some of my expo it is an IMAC machine. It will complete the basic class with good success. Pilot factor being the limiting part.
If it keeps on snapping to one side check your lateral balance to be sure everything is ok. Once you get the plan trimmed out correctly, It will fly very well.