Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC10GT RTR Factory Ristricter

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 11:24 PM
tsim712

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC10GT RTR Factory Ristricter

I pulled the factory restricter out of my GT (which I didn't realize it had at first). I figured this was allowing more air so I richened it up a little. I seem to have ALOT more power throughout the rpm range, and an almost uncontrollable amount of power at the higher rpms. It also is reving alot higher.
Does all of these improvments come at a cost? Am I shortening the life of my motor running it like this?

ts

(oh yeah... rewinding a pull start sucks.... hope that doesn't happen often.)
Old 01-05-2003, 11:31 PM
CaliGy

Removing the restrictor shouldn't be too bad on your engine...but I think they put it in so that you get a smoother accelleration for off-road racing...so you can put the power onto the dirt.
Old 01-06-2003, 12:39 AM
hoodiegadoo

Just make sure the engine isn't too lean and overheating and you're good to roll.
Old 01-11-2003, 07:52 AM
mxdirtrider27

hey im getin a xxxnt rtr tomarrow and.... does this car have a carburator restricter and how do u take it off
Old 01-11-2003, 08:00 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Originally posted by mxdirtrider27
hey im getin a xxxnt rtr tomarrow and.... does this car have a carburator restricter and how do u take it off

Not that I'm aware of. I don't think so.

http://www.rccaraction.com/rc/articles/xnt_sport.asp
Old 01-11-2003, 08:17 AM
crash_me_over

One thing to keep in mind. When you see the instructions to check the diff screw and make sure it is tight.......just be sure not to turn the screw so hard that you cause damage. A few people have done that and then need to replace parts before they even get going.

The instructions show you how to use a small allen wrench to lock the gear while tightening the screw with part of the allen wrench. I just hold the opposite wheel with my left hand and turn the screw with a screw driver until the screw is just snug....then turn the screw just barely again so you feel it lock. DO NOT......torque it down like your driving it home.....if you do....you will cause damage.

Of course....once you properly tighten the diff.....be sure to follow the instructions to turn the slipper nut 5 full turns out....counter clockwise. Just be sure to check the diff screw before you start and then after your third tank of fuel and you should not have any problems.

Good Luck!
Old 01-11-2003, 08:21 AM
crash_me_over

Is it okay if I take the carb restrictor out of the AE .15 engine?

We don't recommend taking the carb restrictor out of the carburetor, but you can remove it. Just remember that you will have to reset the tuning starting points, the high speed needle should be all the way in, then 3¼ turns out if you have a brass coupler on the carb, and if you have a silver or black then you should have it set at 2 ¾ turns. The Low speed idle mixture should be set by screwing the needle in until the screw slot is flush with the carb rotor, then 2 ½ turns out. And your idle setting should start at 1/16th gap. And normal operating temp should be between 200 to 210 degrees.

http://www.teamassociated.com/racerh.../techgteng.htm
Old 01-11-2003, 07:02 PM
mxdirtrider27

im getin a xxxnt rtr and u said u dont think that it has a restrictor... so are u sure or is anybody sure and if there is how do u take it off
Old 01-11-2003, 09:35 PM
crash_me_over

Originally posted by mxdirtrider27
im getin a xxxnt rtr and u said u dont think that it has a restrictor... so are u sure or is anybody sure and if there is how do u take it off

I just removed the air filter in mine.....no restrictor.
Old 01-23-2003, 04:17 AM
Nitro TC3

Restrictor, really works for beginners to know the car, now if U remove it, U will have a better response on Ur engine, but always keep on mind engine temperature, AE tells the best range is 260 to 280 F degrees, but U can change head like O'Donell's for better cooling system, with a lower neddle adjustments in lower and high. U have to try to have a 220 to 240 F degrees.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:00 AM
dustyRS4

how do i get that restrictor out?? i dont want to break anything, lol.
Old 02-10-2003, 09:30 PM
rc10_gt

I used long nose pliers to pull mine out. worked good
Old 02-11-2003, 07:07 PM
elbowcreek

TEAM ASSOCIATED offers a set of carb restrictors in three different sizes so you can fine tune how your motor performs on the track to get it dialed in so you don't have to much power and break the rear tires loose every time you get on the gas the saying goes SLOW IS FAST