Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New, lookin for nitro probably

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 02:08 AM
OscarMayer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New, lookin for nitro probably

i want a car that is nitro(i think), fast, around $250. An RTR because i couldnt build a car and would waste money and time trying.

Thanks
Old 01-11-2003, 02:58 AM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you looking for on-road or off, truck or buggy, to race or play? Check out the traxxas nitro trucks (www.traxxas.com), rc10gt (teamassociated.com), and hpi nitro sedans (www.hpiracing.com).

Once you have an idea of what you want, the great folks on this forum can give you the specific pros and cons.

Good luck.
Old 01-11-2003, 07:22 AM
}{unter

i dought you are gonna find a nitro car for 250 (thats worth money) go ahead and spend 300 and buy a RC10gt Plus. Its a RTR and all you need is some fuel, glow plug wrench, and a few glow plugs and you are all set it comes with fuel bottol, glow ignighter and all. Check into it

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCLU0&P=7

Total of fuel and all around no more than 350 $ to get you started thats all the things listed above.

I recomend if you online order to order from tower hobbies i order everything from there fast shipping and sometimes they just drop things in the box with your order that you didnt pay for. (just got 2 rear Aluminum shock towers for my GT lol last order i placed)

}{unter
Old 01-12-2003, 03:44 AM
OscarMayer

alright i can prob. spend $350 but, i am looking for an off-road car possibly buggy for play and i want it to be pretty darn fast. I have been lookin at the ofna lx rtr for like $350 would it be good?
Old 01-12-2003, 04:02 PM
daimesu

If you're new, nitro may be a little too much speed and maintenence. And for around 250, it'll be hard to find a good car with electronics. Try electric; it's cheaper, and you don't have to keep spending loads of money on fuel. I have an electric car I can sell, in great condition. It can be converted to rallly. E-mail me if you're interested.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:36 PM
}{unter

no dont go eletric go nitro. The rc10gt plus is a stadium truck and is very fast and powerful yet very easy to maintain and work on. I myself will tell you to go RC10GT plus all day.

Once you get a Nitro now dont think you can just hold the gas all the way down for mins at the time becuase you cant. Press it down if you want for like 5-8 secs at the time like off the line and after you come out of a curve.

But if you have NEVER had a RC car before you might wanna look into eletric but other than that i say go nitro

}{unter
Old 01-12-2003, 07:54 PM
OscarMayer

is the rc10 a better car than an ofna ultra lx? Cause ive been lookin at it and it looks great
Old 01-12-2003, 08:26 PM
}{unter

yes espacially for beginners at nitro very easy but very fast car and you can race it also.

}{unter