Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

OFNA hyper 7 or 9.5

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 04:25 AM
bbradd1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFNA hyper 7 or 9.5

I was wondering which OFNA buggy is better. The 9.5 rtr or the hyper 7? Does anyone have any idea how they compare to GS storm? Thanks in advance, Brad
Old 01-12-2003, 05:04 PM
kyokai2

Default Which buggy?

In my honest opinion your making a mistake buying either the hyper7 or the 9.5. The 9.5 is not built with the best quality and the handling is marginal but of the 2 this is the one I would pick, you will also need to upgrade a few things on it but if this is your first 1/8 buggy its a decent choice but after a while youll want to get one better. Why not spend the extra cash now and buy a good buggy, youve heard the old saying (you get what you pay for) and that applies to r/c cars too. There is a reason that the ofna buggys are so cheap in price and I think you know why, the higher the price the better the quality and the higher performance so if you intend on racing in the future and you want to be competative go for the KYOSHO OR THE MUGEN, they are worth the extra cash.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:09 PM
SINNER

Default OFNA hyper 7 or 9.5

have the ultra lx pro. Good buggy , better potential. It depends on where you're goin with it. I got mine as a basher. If I was intending to race I don't think I'd go with the Ofna's. Parts support doesn't seem to be as good and some other brands have a little better quality. Mine does seem to be pretty solid and user friendly. Force .25 has lots of power and it seems to use it well. utra lw sells about $300. lots of bang for the buck. Have fun.