Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Hi-Tec servo question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 02:23 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hi-Tec servo question...

The kid and I had a spectacular head-on the other day; so I'm repairing his RC-10GT.

The servo signal wire got cut, so here's the question:

This is a Hi-Tec HS 303MG servo (steering). What are the specs for this thing, and does it have a bearing? I have several Futaba and JR servos to replace it with; just trying to match it. All we do with these trucks is chase each other around the yard and/or flying field between flights; I do not want to use one of my big-buck coreless aircraft servos if I can avoid it.

OTOH, I realize that a "standard" 3-pole servo probably won't last long, either.

Oh, yeah; what about receiver compatibility? I seem to remember hearing that Futaba works with Hi-Tec, but not JR. What's the scoop?

I see that the same guy (or his brother) who did the Thunder Tiger Raptor helicopter manual drew the diagrams for the RC-10GT manual. Those shaded holo-diagrams really suck, IMO. What ever happened to good old isometric???

Steve
Old 01-12-2003, 02:33 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

The HS 303 MG specs can be found on the following link:

http://www.hitecrcd.com/product_fs.htm

I't a 51 ounch inch servo, nylon bushed servo. For steering on a GT, a standard futaba 3003 servo will work just fine (if you're not racing on a tight track, you don't need faster response or power to perform quick, low speed turning)

Personally, I'd get a new servo lead, do a little surgery, and solder it to the board).
Old 01-12-2003, 05:39 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Hmmm... I thought this servo had more grunt than that.

Yup, a 3003 will work. Thanks for the info.

The LHS doesn't sell leads. If I was to go to the trouble of ordering something, I'd just get a new servo.

I'll just throw it in the spares box, and fix it when the opportunity arises (like, when I drag the soldering gear out for something else...<G>)

Steve